So confused!!

Options
I have followed MFP and the 1200 calories it says I need to eat for the last year, and have lost 25 pounds. Recently, the weight loss has stopped but I have not really changed my diet or calories. I have increased my running distance, and have added strength training. I am beginning to think that perhaps I am not eating enough. I am 5'1 and currently weigh 125 pounds, and I would like to get to 110-115. I figured my TDEE with light exercise since I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and usually spend about 90 minutes each time. It says my TDEE is 1821 and my BMR is 1324. So based on this with my -20% I should be eating about 1450 calories per day. Does this sound right to you guys? Any help will be much appreciated!

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm right there with you! 5'1" 129. (although I have a meduim build and I think I'll stop at around 125)

2 things that helped me after my inital push this summer.

1. Over the Holidays I took a break. i ate at maintenance for 6 weeks or I should say I averaged out to maintenance calories with more cheat days and treats than usual but also some days of low calories and healthy foods. I didn;t gain a pound over the holidays which was my goal and I might have actually lost a little.

2. After this break I dove back in and ate 1500 a day...not eating back exercise calories. 1500 is my TDEE minus 15%. Since I'm getting close I wanted to ease my body into my goal weight so I have better chance of maintaining. I've lost about 2 pounds this month!

I understand if taking 6 weeks off is too much but do take a short break then cut your calories again it should give you a nice jumpstart.