Need help from seasoned pro's

Options
5auce
5auce Posts: 51 Member
So I'm just starting out and was wondering if someone could take a looksee at my food diary. I want to make sure I'm doing this right. A couple things you will notice is repetition, which I don't get bored with but wonder if its healthy to eat the same thing. I'm also always way over my protein...should I chill on that? I know everything is clumped together in 3 meals but in actuality it's spread out over the course of the day. I also eat my meals in reverse, big breakfast/lunch and small dinner...is that problematic? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You have to make your diary public first :smile:
  • 5auce
    Options
    D'oh! OK fixed
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    So I'm just starting out and was wondering if someone could take a looksee at my food diary. I want to make sure I'm doing this right. A couple things you will notice is repetition, which I don't get bored with but wonder if its healthy to eat the same thing. I'm also always way over my protein...should I chill on that? I know everything is clumped together in 3 meals but in actuality it's spread out over the course of the day. I also eat my meals in reverse, big breakfast/lunch and small dinner...is that problematic? Any help is greatly appreciated!

MFP sets protein to low, the amount you're eating is far better. Meal timing/size/frequency are irrelevant, outside of personal preference.

That said, I'm far from a pro, and am seasoned worse than British food.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    911 lol
  • 5auce
    Options
    911 lol

Its only noon here, still have lunch and dinner to log.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein to low so going over is a good thing. Eat what/how much you want throughout the day based on personal preference.

Get a good balance of mainly nutritious food, which you look to be doing, but there is not need to cut anything out completely. Keep an eye on making sure your fats do not get too low for too long.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Looks to me like you're off to a good start. I wouldn't worry too much about eating the same things every day - I've been doing that for months (with few small variations) without ill effects. As others have said, protein level is good and timing really doesn't matter much.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    911 lol

Its only noon here, still have lunch and dinner to log.
    9-11
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    A decent amount of fruit, veg, dairy, oily fish and even olives and avocado all of which is brilliant, but I don't see enough in the way of mineral rich foods (beans, lentils, nuts, seeds). You could have more variety but it's not the be all and end all - being a little picky perhaps switch out the iceberg lettuce for dark romaine lettuce or baby spinach and add in something bright yellow like bell pepper (banana is in the white group)? One of the best diaries I have seen in a while tho.
  • 5auce
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me out. I'll make the suggested changes and keep on keepin' on.
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, you have a great variety of fruits, veggies, protein, and healthy fats...the only thing I would watch out for is sodium intake. That is one think that everyone needs to monitor. Too much sodium means better chances of water retention which leads to bloating, puffiness, and excess water...nothing we want to suffer from! Its amazing how much sodium is in certain foods and we don't even know it. Keep pushing forward...you are on the right path!
  • 5auce
    Options
    Oh man salt is my downfall. I crave salty things like most people crave sweets. In all honesty, my sodium levels are probably a lot higher than it says considering I get most of my meats in the freezer packs and those things are loaded with salt. :(
  • Rach911
    Rach911 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Salt is my kryptonite as well!! I'll choose salty snacks over sweet anytime!! When I go over, I just try to make sure I do "extra" water to try to flush it all out.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Oh man salt is my downfall. I crave salty things like most people crave sweets. In all honesty, my sodium levels are probably a lot higher than it says considering I get most of my meats in the freezer packs and those things are loaded with salt. :(

Try eating potassium rich foods - it counteracts the sodium.