min cals 1200, burning 600-do I need to consume 600 more?

Hello - I am doing a minimum of 1200 calories/day and have been exercising and burning up to 600 calories. Do I need to consume another 600 calories to meet my 1200 minimum?
Thanks!

Replies

• volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Hmmmm yes
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    1200 - 600 = 600.

Yes.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    if you are regularly burning that many calories, you definitely should eat a few more. 1200 is excessively low, you want to make sure you have enough vitamins and nutrients in your body to keep it running as efficient as possible. If you are set at 2lb/wk on your settings, change it to 1, keep working out but eat the calories it gives you at that weightloss rate because if you are killing it at the gym, you will likely still see some results this way
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    search "eating exercise calories" on the message boards....there are about 50 pages of posts (others have said it better than I can). You want your net calories to be 1200, so if you eat 1200 but exercise and burn 600 you need to supplement with 600 additional calories. As long as your activity level is set so that you add in your exercise...which it probably is if your cals are set at 1200.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Yes, that's is the MFP plan. And you'll most likely find losing weight more pleasurable, and therfore more sustainable, if you do.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    absolutely!!