why do brial/brides maid dress sizes SUCK!

Options
why do brial/brides maid dress sizes SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am fully aware that i need to lose some weight but the size they suggested i order killed my self confidence and motivation to keep going! I know that it isnt just me because the bride was ordered a size 12 and shes a tiny thing. i want to lose weigh for myself and for this wedding but i just cant get over the number they sized me at! i need advice its depressing thinking and planning now

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Who cares what the number on a dress says? You know what size you actually wear...And I don't think you're going to be walking around in a bridesmaids dress on an everyday basis so who cares?

Trust in yourself and your decisions. If you know you're making healthy choices and treating your body well, THATS something to be proud of. Not what the number on a dress tag that you'll PROBABLY only wear once says.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    When I graduated, I was wearing size 11 jeans. My dress was a size 18. Seeing the number felt like a knife to the gut. BUT dresses are sized differently. Be measured, take the size that fits. It's one day, and it's not about you. You'll have a great day. regardless of the dress, so just enjoy it!!!