? For the more intelligent than I. Protein and cardio

Options
So I do a hour of cardio not to intense but intense enough to burn around a 1000 calories. I had reconstructed ankle surgery years ago and if I run on the ankle too long then I can't walk for days. So I walk on a treadmill at the highest incline for about 30 mins or and then then switch to an Arc trainer which I personally like. My question is I no too much cardio can burn muscle so would drinking protein counter balance the muscle loss? I also know that weight training needs to be add to my regiment but my schedule will not allow me to work the muscles consistently most hotel I stay don't have weights . Any help will be appricated?

Replies

• ReaganAshley
    ReaganAshley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do alot of cardio as well like Zumba, adding a whey protein is good for keeping muscle. Find one that has BCAA and glutamine. And for the weight training my trainer has me do the TRX suspension trainer. It can travel with you. You just shut them in the top of your door and you can use your own body weight to work out. It definitely gets my muscles aching. I think golds gym has a suspension trainer thats cheaper for like $18 I know the TRX one is a little expensive but it does come with workout videos which are really cool. Hope this helps I'm no pro just read alot and listen to everyone lol. Good luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Walking isn't going to be too much cardio. You're over thinking it.