Just joined yesterday...

.... and found the forum part today. I started to change my lifestyle and lose weight 20 days ago today. A fellow WordPress blogger mentioned this place and here I am.

I'm a 41.5 yr. old male. Happily married with a 4 year old son and a hairless dog that hogs the covers at night. I'm also a disabled veteran with two bad legs. I can walk but not very far before I feel pain. This has made it hard to keep the weight off these pass 19 3/4 years since my disability. I used to be 165 pounds with just a hint of a beer belly when I left service and as of 20 days ago I was about 245. I love to eat, especially fatty salty stuff and ice cream. Last year my wife and I were eating about a pint each every week. I was much worse than her.

I have this nagging feeling that if I don't change now, then I wont be around to see my son grow up, grow old with my wife, have grand-kids and all the other things you get to experience when you are older. I have enough issues with the disability that I don't want to be knocked down by diabetes or high blood pressure (runs in the family).

I'm feeling more motivated this time compare to the other times I have lost and stopped. It's a bit easier since I am unemployed and devote my time as a homemaker (Mr. Mom but with more skills!). I do all the cooking which is good as my wife can burn water (Love her so). In the past 20 days I have lost nearly 10 pounds which is actually normal for me when starting a diet. No starvation, just a lot of water and good food choices.

I keep a blog at http://lamaramal.wordpress.com/ is anyone cares. I don't really count calories but what I have calculated on here I have been eating 2000 or less each day so my food choices have certainly paid off. I haven't gotten tired of what I've been eating and actually look forward to meals which is a lot better than previous diets. I don't even call this a diet. I simply call it healthy eating for a better me.

If you want to be friends on here then that is fine. I'm a pretty supportive person for anyone that is out to better themselves and I do my best to never talk down to a person. Still learning my way around this site so it may take me a day or two to respond to anyone.

Well... Off to cook dinner for the family!

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Good luck on your journey. Sounds like you have enough reasons to start taking care of yourself. Good luck and keep up the good work! (wish my hubby cooked me dinner!) :)
  • AndreaChronicles
    AndreaChronicles Posts: 22 Member
    added you as a friend =] !
  • Good luck to u! I just started yesterday myself. Its a journey that we have to take 1 day at a time. U can do this!!!!