plateaus

smelmel
smelmel Posts: 98 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
I am pretty sure I have hit a plateau ( my weight loss is slow so it took awhile to figure out) The thing is I don't really want to change what I am doing. I average 1600 cals a day, walk the dogs for 30 min and get on the spinner for 30 min.
I don't really see this as a diet as I still enjoy food and don't burn out exercising so the plan was to do this forever, I know ifI restrict myself from my little treats when I have reached my goal I will pig out and put it all back on again like so many times before. anyways my question is if I keep doing this will I eventually lose more weight, I started at 77kg and I'm down to 70 was hoping to get to 65kg. Has anyone pushed through sticking to the same old or do I have to mix it up?
I am a stay at home mom and exercise dvd's really don't do it for me, so I would prefer to stick with spinning but do I have to eat less?Thanks for any advice, much appreciated,
Mel

Replies

• sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    have you ever thought about doing some strength training with dumbells? You can do this while at home. I do it when I'm watching TV. Everything I've read on here tells me that sometimes when you hit a plateau, either adjusting your calories or your excercise may help. Since you don't want to change your calories, I would recommend you change up the excercise. This happend to me twice. The first tme I added in strength training and the second time i increased my calories. I'm not sure what you have to lose in pounds, so I don't know if you should decrease your calories or increase them. If your body has adjusted to what you are burning each day, you might have trouble with losing again at a regular rate. Good luck!
  • I would just do some higher impact workout or maybe just extend your workouts by 10- 15 minutes. Sometimes all you have to do is wait it out and you will start losing again.
This discussion has been closed.