Always feeling BLOATED!

Options
For the past couple of weeks almost everyday or every other day, I just feel bloated. Which in return gives me the probably false notion that I am getting fatter. Is it a particular food that is making me bloat or has it to do with exercise or even something else? Thoughts please! :)

Replies

• AshleyNicolexo_
    Options
    Too much sodium or fiber can do it. Drink A LOT of water and limit your salt intake.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium or fiber can do it. Drink A LOT of water and limit your salt intake.

How does drinking water help?
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Constipation? Gas? Water retention? TOTM? Figure out the cause then seek a solution.
  • AshleyNicolexo_
    Options

http://www.livestrong.com/article/495550-does-drinking-water-reduce-bloating/
  • LisaY76
    LisaY76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

When you drink enough water your body will be able to get rid of the water it doesn't need when you urinate. If you don't drink enough water, your body will hold on to every bit of water it can get because it is being deprived of the water it needs to function and it causes your brain to go into dehydration mode, thus making you feel bloated.
  • LisaY76
    Options

Very helpful reference... I pretty much sums it up. Thanks :smile:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend throwing some digestive enzymes and probiotics into your daily routine.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options

When you drink enough water your body will be able to get rid of the water it doesn't need when you urinate. If you don't drink enough water, your body will hold on to every bit of water it can get because it is being deprived of the water it needs to function and it causes your brain to go into dehydration mode, thus making you feel bloated.

I normally drink the recomended 2 liters of water a day. If not I at least drink 1.5 liters. My sodium intake is ALWAYS below the recomended, extremely rarely goes over. Only in the last couple of days has my fiber been over but even before that I would feel bloated.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend throwing some digestive enzymes and probiotics into your daily routine.

I have since of late been considering taking some vitamins/suplements but since there are so many choices, I don't know which one's I should choose.
  • LisaY76
    Options

I normally drink the recomended 2 liters of water a day. If not I at least drink 1.5 liters. My sodium intake is ALWAYS below the recomended, extremely rarely goes over. Only in the last couple of days has my fiber been over but even before that I would feel bloated.
    You may want to talk with your doctor about having some possible food allergies or a lactose intolerance. There are a lot of different variables that can cause bloating and I think your doctor would be the best person to help you get to the root of your problem...Good Luck :)
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Probiotics make a huge difference! After struggling with digestive issues since childhood, I started taking the regularly a few years ago. I've tried many different brands and don't really feel any difference between them. I just buy the one that happens to be on sale when it is time to purchase another bottle :)
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I feel bloated when my water intake is low.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Oh wow livestrong
  • sanaa4560
    Options
    hay m suffering from same problem . i feel bloated all the time. that is why i cant eat. i am only having 500 to 600 calories a day coz i cant eat much coz of this bloatness huh .i feel bloated all the time cant even drink water huh plz anyone help :(
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would recommended probiotics (I take probiotic acidophilus)

I would also recommend a smoothie every morning. Not only does it keep you full, but helps with bloat. Please don't turn off to the idea after seeing the ingredients without trying it. I PROMISE it is good and works.

1 cup vanilla yogurt
    1 cup spinach (I promise you cannot taste it)
    1 cup fresh or frozen fruit (I recommend strawberries as your shake will be pink/red instead of green)
    Add ice and blend

I do this every morning to help combat bloat because I am so uncomfortable otherwise.
  • LisaMia66
    Options
    Have you considered going gluten free? I feel so much better since I eliminated wheat bread from my eating. Also, try adding chia seeds to your foods for extra fiber. I add it to my yogurt and I really like it. Maybe add a psylium capsule supplement to your daily routine, as it will help fill you up a little and add more fiber too.