Can anybody tell me what good foods i shouyld be taking

Options
i have been eating sugar free jelly, which i have been told is full of sugar , and wafers too much sugar , tayto velvet crunch too much sugars

i thought eating a Crunchie before i work out in the Gym was a good thing but now im told dont be eating chocolates

too much fruit is bad for you

only eat white meat and fish , no red meat

can somebody tell me what food i should be eating that will help me loose weight,,,, as i feel under pressure when i work out to try to get to eat all my calories help help

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    i have been eating sugar free jelly, which i have been told is full of sugar

funny_cat_picture_232.jpg
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Ummm....red meat is okay, in moderation, as are whole fruits and vegetables....try not to eat so much from boxes and cans...
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    You should be eating foods that won't cause you to go over your calorie goal.

Seriously, unless there is a medical reason to watch your sugar intake, don't worry so much about it. You are already tracking carbs.

Stay at a moderate deficit. Get sufficient protein. Exercise how ever you enjoy. Preferably a combination of strength training and cardio.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I eat all the same foods I always have..just cut down on portions. I have added some new additions here and there but I believe in eating the way I plan to eat forever..There is no way I could eat clean for life, or become a vegan etc.. I just try to eat like a normal person, with normal portions.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to whomever you've been listening to. Completely. Disregard everything you've ever been told.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to whomever you've been listening to. Completely. Disregard everything you've ever been told.

I couldn't think of anything to say, but this is perfect.
  • zurgno1
    zurgno1 Posts: 47
    Options
    is my choice of foods alright then
  • Zanos31
    Options
    Try to stay away from processed food., which is most food found in a box or can. Try to reduce or cut out refined white flour, white bread, pasta and most baked cakes and cookies. Limit your red meat and increase your poultry and cold water fish. Try to eat more fresh vegetables and fruit and exercise. You can still eat the food you love just try to limit the amount you eat and the times per week you eat it. If you burn more calories then you consume you will loss weight.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    eh....

In my egotistical opinion, you shouyld be taking many many vegetables. Squash, greens, etc.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Whatever you want to eat, in moderation. I am eating Blueberry Poptarts RIGHT NOW. Crumbs on keyboard and everything. I ate turkey meatloaf earlier today. I eat Greek Yogurt. I eat broccoli.

Basically, eat whatever you want, but try to get in some decent protein and avoid going over your caloric goal.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from processed food., which is most food found in a box or can. Try to reduce or cut out refined white flour, white bread, pasta and most baked cakes and cookies. Limit your red meat and increase your poultry and cold water fish. Try to eat more fresh vegetables and fruit and exercise. You can still eat the food you love just try to limit the amount you eat and the times per week you eat it. If you burn more calories then you consume you will loss weight.
    This^^^ However, don't try to do it all at once if you aren't ready... My first week I simply cut out sodas, refined sugar, white flour... slowly over time I've built up the list of things that I try to do that are great for me and limit the negative items.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I eat all the same foods I always have..just cut down on portions. I have added some new additions here and there but I believe in eating the way I plan to eat forever..There is no way I could eat clean for life, or become a vegan etc.. I just try to eat like a normal person, with normal portions.

This. Plus for me, I eat what ever produce is in season, I dont over do it. But I do love the produce. About the meat. I eat mostly chicken, but red is ok. Love my husbands grilled steaks, and once a week we do fish, because we love grilled fish. My calorie goal is more than 1200 and less then 1500. I most always go over on sugar, but my blood sugar tests fine.

Good luck.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You should be eating foods that won't cause you to go over your calorie goal.

Seriously, unless there is a medical reason to watch your sugar intake, don't worry so much about it. You are already tracking carbs.

Stay at a moderate deficit. Get sufficient protein. Exercise how ever you enjoy. Preferably a combination of strength training and cardio.

Beautifull advice! Listen to this....It's a lifestyle, not a punishment....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    There are no 'bad' foods...just bad portions sizes. Fruits and vegetable are wonderful for you (MFP sugar setting is too low...a piece of fruit a day can put you over IGNORE IT, eat and enjoy). Other great pre-gym snacks - protein shake, cottage cheese, string cheese, yogurt (greek yogurt has 14 grams of protein). Eat a variety of foods, always have a colorful plate. Avoid 'diets' that place heavy restrictions on you (unless advised by your doctor). Eat bacon!!!...in moderation. Make your calorie intake 80% healthy and 20% fun foods. Moderation! And for godsakes don't over-analyze!
  • zurgno1
    Options
    so a bar of chocolate is ok before Gym
  • KeriW626
    Options

Yes your choice of food is good. If you like Jelly, the sugar free is fine. As for it having ALOT of sugar. The only sugare it should have in it is what comes from the fruit the jelly is made of. Which is much better than regular jelly.
  • KeriW626
    Options

I would go for a protien bar rather than a hershey.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

My choice would be protein before the work out and chocolate as a treat after dinner (if it fit into my calorie goal for the day)
  • zurgno1
    Options
    Thanks everybody
  • zurgno1
    Options
    There are no 'bad' foods...just bad portions sizes. Fruits and vegetable are wonderful for you (MFP sugar setting is too low...a piece of fruit a day can put you over IGNORE IT, eat and enjoy). Other great pre-gym snacks - protein shake, cottage cheese, string cheese, yogurt (greek yogurt has 14 grams of protein). Eat a variety of foods, always have a colorful plate. Avoid 'diets' that place heavy restrictions on you (unless advised by your doctor). Eat bacon!!!...in moderation. Make your calorie intake 80% healthy and 20% fun foods. Moderation! And for godsakes don't over-analyze!

Can anybody recommend a protein shake or a protein bar please ?? that i can get in Ireland Cheers