Vegan Chai Latte

Options
woznot
woznot Posts: 2
Even if you're not vegan I guarantee this healthier alternative will satisfy your Chai Latte craving without stacking those calories up too quickly!

Vegan Chai Latte
1 Guayaki, Yerba Chai Spice Mate or regular Black Chai tea bag (I personally prefer the Yerba as I've yet to find a good chai blend in tea bags)
2 cups Hot Water
1 tbsp Raw Agave Syrup
1/2 cup Fresh/Homemade Cashew Milk (see below.)
1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract
After steeping tea mix in vanilla and agave. Add Cashew Milk. Serve hot or chilled.
To compare:
Tazo Chai Tea Latte
Per Serving (20 fl oz) Calories 300
Vegan Chai Latte (20 fl oz) Calories 160

That's right, it's just a little over half the amount in the Tazo Chai Tea Latte. That means you can indulge in a favorite and not feel guilty!

Homemade Cashew Milk
1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked
4 cups Filtered Water
Directions: Use the 4 cups of filtered water to soak the cashews for 4-6 hours. After soaking pour cashews and cashew soaking water in blender, blend well. After blending use cheese cloth or nut bag to filter out the cashew meal by pouring on/into cheesecloth/nut bag and squeezing it to get the liquid out.

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    MMm i'm having a chai latte right now! Your recipe sounds yummy. I keep hearing of people using agave nectar as a sweetener, I'm going to have to try that! What I'm drinking is not vegan at all and it's made from a powder instant tea. It is pretty tasty though.. to me. It's the first I've tried this version and it's only 120 calories. It's called Oregon Chai Tea Latte The Origional All Natural.
  • fadhatter
    Options
    bump