Raw Vegan Diet

woznot
woznot Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone, I was wondering if there were any other raw foodies on myfitnesspal?

I'd be great to be able to share recipes or something with fellow raw vegans. :)

Also, for any of you who don't know what raw vegan is exactly I'll explain. Raw Vegan diets, like regular vegan diets don't contain meat or dairy, but raw vegan means one doesn't eat anything that is heated beyond 115 degrees Fahrenheit.

I'm only technically about 98% raw because I've had an intense love of teas, that I seem to have inherited from my grandfather, since what seems like forever.

Replies

• glowgirl
    glowgirl Posts: 1
    Hi, i have been raw vegan for the last 2 1/2 years. But just because i ate super duper healthy did mean i lost weight. actually, quite the opposite. i was overeating on foods too high in fat such as oils, avocados,and nuts. i am now trying to find a diet that is a little more balanced for my body- which involves lots of raw and steamed greens and incorporates cooked grains, beans and soups. I find i am not overeating as much and i definitely don't eat nearly as much nuts now.... which i feel my body as had a few too many! ; )
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Have you heard of : http://www.30bananasaday.com/
    they have good advice on the lfrv[low fat raw vegan diet] a.k.a The 80/10/10 way,
    and the 90/50/50 way.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    I have 2 raw food books on my shelf, that I've read. I haven't tried eating this way completely, because I don't understand the whole sprouting thing at all! I have no clue where to find seeds/beans that will actually SPROUT! Cause the store bought kinds do NOT work!

woznot and glowgirl... I'm surprised and inspired by your ability to stick with it!
This discussion has been closed.