How to eat more calories?

Options
Hey guys, I have a 1310 daily goal, but, of course, when I burn more calories I earn more calories. I've read so many places that I should try to eat all my calories. I'm trying to eat well, but I don't know how to eat MORE.

Can you check out my diary and advise? I have nearly 1000 calories left today!

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Have a glass of whole milk.
    Eat a tbsp. of peanut butter with an apple or banana
    Greek Yogurt with some granola and fresh or frozen fruit
    Hummus and veggies or crackers
    Brotein shakes

Or, with 1000 calories to kill, bacon and cheesecake. IIFYM.

Remember, fat=9cal/g and protein is 4cal/g.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You are under on fat and protein - eat more of those at breakfast and lunch. Also try for more variety, don't have peanut butter and bananas or romaine lettuce twice in one day. Not sure what you are aiming for, don't really understand why you have cut out all the starchy carbs today but then added in two bananas which are the highest carb fruits?

You do need to replace the minerals lost by omitting wholegrains, beans and lentils with far more nuts and seeds or vice versa, also replace the nutrients lost with other calcium rich foods if don't have dairy. Other high calorie but healthy foods include oily fish, avocado, olives, block creamed coconut, cocoa and cheese.

You might find it easier to count servings of different foods and plan your whole day at the start so that you get your seven to nine different servings of fruit and veggies in the full rainbow of colours, three of reduced fat dairy a day, oily fish regularly, protein, healthy fats and mineral/ fibre rich foods at each meal and snack.
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You are under on fat and protein - eat more of those at breakfast and lunch. Also try for more variety, don't have peanut butter and bananas or romaine lettuce twice in one day. Not sure what you are aiming for, don't really understand why you have cut out all the starchy carbs today but then added in two bananas which are the highest carb fruits?

You do need to replace the minerals lost by omitting wholegrains, beans and lentils with far more nuts and seeds or vice versa, also replace the nutrients lost with other calcium rich foods if don't have dairy. Other high calorie but healthy foods include oily fish, avocado, olives, block creamed coconut, cocoa and cheese.

You might find it easier to count servings of different foods and plan your whole day at the start so that you get your seven to nine different servings of fruit and veggies in the full rainbow of colours, three of reduced fat dairy a day, oily fish regularly, protein, healthy fats and mineral/ fibre rich foods at each meal and snack.

The banana thing was unusual...I had one at breakfast and it tasted SO good that I wanted another one later! Thank you for your input, this is really helpful!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Right off the bat I see reduced fat peanut butter, I can't believe it's not butter and fat free salad dressing in the past couple of days.
    I find a lot of people tend to eat "low fat" or "light" versions of food and have trouble meeting their goals. Switch to full Flavor versions to add calories with eating more food.