Insanity

Options
Anybody her doing or has done insanity? What day are you on? Or anybody got results yet?

Replies

• lrndib
    lrndib Posts: 3
    Options
    HI there!

I'm about to finish my third week of insanity. I'm 5'5.5, 140ishlbs, and 21. I decided to do insanity because I wanted to challenge myself and try to get in the best possible shape i can be. I definitely felt self conscious about my stomach and legs at times because i was pretty "soft". I Just didn't feel my best, you know?

The first week I literally went down 5lbs (from 145 to 140). BUT, I think a lot of that was water weight. The second week I didn't see much difference on the scale, but measurements indicated otherwise. I lost a couple of inches around my legs and other places.

Now, on my last day of week three, I weighed myself and the scale read 139. I try not to look at the scale too much because at my height and weight, I just think the contents of muscle and fat are getting shifted around (140 is i think a pretty normal weight at my height). I have a feeling that when i finish, I will be around 135-140, but smaller measurement wise, if that makes sense.

I think you should do it :). I went into it having not exercised in a few months. It was super hard the first couple of weeks, and it still is, but my endurance got so much better.

If you do plan on doing insanity, a word of caution: MAKE SURE YOU EAT ENOUGH! I made the mistake of putting my body into starvation mode (accidentally) the second week. I had ZERO energy and felt like crap. You'll be burning a lot if you put a lot of effort into it, and you need to replenish your body enough to keep it going. I upped my calories from 1300/1500 to 1700/1800 a day. When you buy the program, it will come with a nutrition guide, and all of this will be explained in better detail.

You can do it, i know you can. And you should! In a masochistic way, it's pretty darn fun. You'll feel so accomplished after completing those god-awful workouts :).

Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I love my insanity dvds. I love the excellent hard workout in 30min. I havent lost weight but I feel as though im building much more power and muscle in my butt and thighs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am doing Les Mills Combat right now and p90x/insanity in the past. Eating enough and following their calorie goals is critical to success. Go on their website to use the calorie calculator and aim for that as a goal. Under eating can hurt results
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its extremely difficult. If you arent already moderately fit then you'll probably be sitting on the sidelines during most of the workouts. Even the extremely fit people in these insanity workout videos take breaks.