calories burnt at work

laf040988
laf040988 Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys,

I've set my typical excercise level as sedetary as I am a student and i spend a lot of time sitting studying. But i do have a part time job on Wednesdays and Saturdays at Mcdonalds, so obviously when i work i'm burning calories but i don't really know how many it would be or whether to add those calories into the excersise diary or not. any suggestion?

thanks for reading this :smile:

x

Laura

Replies

• people on here have said in the past that they wouldnt count those burnt calories as exercise cals because its not intentional exercise and your heart rate wont be high for a sustained period of time.
    personally I wouldnt count these calories either :smile:
  • Cool, thanks for the advice :happy:
  • baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    I walk to and from work, and on occasion will need to go up/downstairs within the office - but I don't count those, I just see them as "bonus" burnt calories... the only exercise calories I log are ones done on my treadmill (or my Wii Fit Plus) .

To balance it I don't go massively over-the-top with being picky about logging foods either - if I have a slice of toast for example I will log the bread but won't weigh and log the butter (although I have a topping like cheese or Philadelphia Light spread I'll add that), so I just see it as balancing themselves out.

As long as I continue losing weight I'm not sweating the details too much.
  • yea , i'm trying hard to get the balance because when I used to be a mfp member think i got a bit obsessive and had the website on all time, so had a break and things seem to be going a little better this time. :)
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    I count mine because I'm walking with dogs... playing with dogs, cleaning dog crates, feeding, carrying.... things like that so I do count mine because this is where I have primarily lost my inches. When I first started this journey I wasn't working, and I really wasn't loosing the inches. As soon as I started this job, the inches started to melt away... that's the only reason why I count mine. If nothing was happening then I probably wouldn't count them....
This discussion has been closed.