Carb Nite!!!!!!

Options
Anyone else on here doin' Carb Nite or Carb Backloading? What kinda results are you seeing? Any side effects? I've been doing Carb Nite for close to two weeks, down about eight lbs so far and I seem to be over the "low carb flu" finally! Quite pleased.

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    sounds like a cyclic keto diet
  • aml0513
    aml0513 Posts: 20
    Options
    sounds like a cyclic keto diet

it sureeee is.
  • KaraJ22
    KaraJ22 Posts: 10
    Options
    I recently started this too (12 days in) but have yet to see any weight loss or fat loss. My weight actually jumped up higher than its been for almost a year after having my first "carb nite" not by much maybe a pound with my body fat % about the same. So far I seem to be getting lackluster results but will stick with it at least through week 3 as sometimes it takes me couple weeks for my body to start shedding. I don't have much to lose was just wanting to try a new approach to trim some fat.
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    I've been doing it this whole month, and after the initial water weight loss in the first 10 days I average about a pound a week. As in the morning of carb nite I'm down about a pound from the morning of the previous carb nite, then I'm back up most of the week. This month (if I don't count what I've seen on the scale since my last carb nite) I've lost about 8 pounds total... which is really 3 pounds since eating carbs would up my water retention.

Pros:
    I'm losing weight, slowly and surely.
    I never feel deprived and I enjoy what I eat.

Cons:
    It's still slow... And basically I eat at a calorie deficit determined by TDEE, so... "Carb Nite" is not working, but monitoring my food is. (That said, I never feel deprived and I enjoy what I eat, so really that's awesome.)

I'm planning to switch to 50 net carbs a day next week, and lean harder towards Paleo. Then MAYBE I'll do a "carb nite" once a month, since I don't want to be militant forever about banning certain foods. Meh, I'll decide at the end of February.
  • alliet0426
    alliet0426 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've just finished my 2 carb nite. I didn't need to do the reorientation part because I was already fat adapted from a year on paleo and 20-25g of carbs per day. I'm losing about a pound a week, which is AWESOME since its neither water nor muscle, but just plain old fat. I love that I look very forward to carb nite, but don't go crazy with it. I keep my foods within paleo guidelines (i.e. I'm not eating grains and such during it, but more like tubers, sweet potatoes, etc). I was stalled after losing 60 pounds on strict paleo but fat loss has kicked up again. And, for the record, I'm a 50 year old female, hypothyroid, and yes, carb nite is working for me. I feel great, and I;ve cut my exercise back to two HIIT training sessions (1 the morning after carb nite and 1 the day after that) and 2 weight training sessions (really heavy stuff using the iphone app "Shockwave").Good stuff. I feel great and am seeing really good body composition changes while still needing to lose 30 pounds. I love it! Good luck everyone.