What keeps you motivated?

Options
124»

Replies

• kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My previous weight keeps me motivated. I weighed 255lbs. I was huge, I was unhappy, depressed, couldn't have a baby because of my weight, I had 2 miscarriages due to my weight, my ankle was developing arthritis to quickly because if the weight on it (bound to happen, I broke the same bone in the same spit 3 times) my husband loves hiking and being active and I felt like his fat wife that never did anything with him.
    I lost 100lbs, and instantly got pregnant I'm now 26 weeks! And my dr says my pregnancy is so healthy it's unbelievable. My ankle doesn't ever hurt anymore. The only time it did hurt was when I was working as a waitress for 10 hours a day in the winter, but that's expected. I still go for hikes with my husband even know its me waddling him walking lol. I even workout with my husband on his days off :-). I refuse to look at that girl in the mirror. I'm so happy now days, I feel so much better now than ever. I still workout while I'm pregnant because its just way to easy to gain weight while pregnant, I've gained 24 pounds in my pregnancy and after my son is born I plan to get back to 155 pounds in 4-6 months, then after that lose my final 20 pounds by his first birthday :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so wonderful and so inspiring!
    That was the bomb!
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I worked my butt off to get where I am now. Whoever has been told they are past the point of losing weight without sergery or help I'm living proof it's not true. My husband tells me every day how amazing I am. My own community has hired me as a motivational speaker for obesity awareness. If I can do it anyone can. Cuz I was very lazy lol and I love food.
  • allisondra23
    Options
    make a list of goals that you want to accomplish this year of things that maybe you can't or wouldn't want to do in your current physical state like swimming everyday and laying out at the beach or hiking an amazing mountain, just anything you might hold yourself back from now and that you might gain from improving your health.

I love swimming, traveling, hiking, spending all day walking around looking at beautiful things and places. That's my biggest motivator. I don't ever again want to hesitate to do something because "I'm uncomfortable" or I am not capable of doing the physical part of an activity because I have never done cardio.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i keep coming back to this:

'Why am I doing this? I'm doing this for me. I deserve to be healthy, to look and feel great. If I choose to make less healthy choices, that's okay, as long as at the end of the day I am still being good to me''

I'm only about 11 lb down, but that's in a month, so I'm happy :)
  • jesikabaker4u
    jesikabaker4u Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My motivation is- if I don't lose weight I will never be able to concieve. So that definitely stops me from putting the bad stuff in my gob. Another is my health, I have a condition in my spine and it is progressive so need to get as healthy as i can. idon't want to progress to far where can't do anything for myself. Another big motivation :-) I'm sure you'll work things out and be right back on track before you know it.