Help! Goal Saturated fat

Options
Hello all!

I am wondering..
I thought Saturated fats are bad while mono and polysaturated fats are good but on my
Nutrient intake goal, I should have 13 saturated fat a day, but 0 for both moly and poly.

Is this correct? I just hate when I think I ate healthy and I get this red minus signs which makes me think I didn't eat healthy at all..
(I love avocados, olive oil and butter..)

Help! I am confused!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I personally treat that as 13 MAX for saturated fats and absolutely NO MAX for unsaturated. Truly. If I'm at/under my calories for the day and not far off from my overall fat macros, I don't care how much of the calories came from unsaturated fats.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    You'd think they would ban saturated fat.
  • WBB55
    Options

But then I couldn't have eggs!
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Langley Falls, VA banned trans fat - but then they just smuggled it in from Chimdale.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I personally treat that as 13 MAX for saturated fats and absolutely NO MAX for unsaturated. Truly. If I'm at/under my calories for the day and not far off from my overall fat macros, I don't care how much of the calories came from unsaturated fats.
    Maybe they could turn the saturated fat into unsaturated, like a reverse hydrogenation, then you could have your eggs, except there's that darn cholesterol to worry about.
  • WBB55
    Options
    Maybe they could turn the saturated fat into unsaturated, like a reverse hydrogenation, then you could have your eggs, except there's that darn cholesterol to worry about.

I'm personally not afraid of saturated fat OR cholesterol. I don't think I'm hardly ever even close to MFP's suggested max. Now trans fat... that's something to be afraid of...
  • davebrown9
    Options
    Hello all!

I am wondering..
    I thought Saturated fats are bad while mono and polysaturated fats are good but on my
    Nutrient intake goal, I should have 13 saturated fat a day, but 0 for both moly and poly.

Is this correct? I just hate when I think I ate healthy and I get this red minus signs which makes me think I didn't eat healthy at all..
    (I love avocados, olive oil and butter..)

Help! I am confused!

You have been so misinformed! Actually, saturated fats are healthy as long as they are consumed in the context of adequate supportive nutrition. Avocados, olive oil, and butter are healthy. Enjoy them. But do a little reading to reassure yourself. Here are some phrases you can Google:

1. The Case Against Saturated Fats: Docs Opinion
    2. This is how it works Jay Wortman
    3. Enjoy eating saturated fats: they're good for you
    4. Is saturated fat good for you? MSN Video
    5. Saturated Fats, Cholesterol, and Heart Disease Michael Chu
    6. Saturated Fat the discrepancy
    7. 3 Reasons Why Saturated Fats Are Not Bad
    8. 10 reasons you need cholesterol
    9. Heart Myth Debunked: Saturated Fat Isn’t the Enemy

You also need to know that polyunsaturated seed oils, the darling of the public health sector, are toxic at levels higher than 1 to 2 percent of total calories. Google these phrases to learn why:
    1. Your Brain on Omega-3
    2. An essential debate
    3. Researcher questions fish-oil supplements Randy Shore
    4. Maternal Plasma Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Status in Late Pregnancy
    5. Disrobing Dogma – Polyunsaturated Fats And Health
    6. Edible Oil Industry Urged to Promote Positive Findings on Saturated Fats

Note: I collect information on the saturated fat controversy and the omega-6 hazard. This is a small sampling of literature and videos.