Your BEST breakfast!

Options

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I know you'll be aghast, but I almost never eat breakfast.
    Yeah I don't eat "breakfast" until like 2pm lol
    That's not healthy
    You should have a breakfast

Time of day is irrelevant.
  • nuts4elephant
    nuts4elephant Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, 1 boiled egg, fresh fruit, water, and tea <3
  • MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Quaker Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal. A tad high in sugar, but not too awful. Keeps me full, tastes great, besides the sugar it's healthy, and it makes me happy.
  • kashlen
    kashlen Posts: 16
    Options
    Sometimes I make scrambled eggs with only one yolk and however many more I have is just the egg white and then I mix in chopped up morning star sausage patties (they are veggie) and put that on a wheat tortilla. (Healthy breakfast burrito!)
  • happyhouser
    Options
    I stir in a tablespoon of peanut butter in to my oatmeal. It makes the oatmeal delicious, and increases the protein. That will typically get me through to lunch.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Have protein. A healthy breakfast will keep you full longer and satisfy any cravings. IT'S OK TO HAVE TUKEY SAUSAGE, TURKEY BACON AND EGGS. You got a lot of support and feedback from your peers here and that says alot about our community. Go us.
  • Sheacat
    Sheacat Posts: 24
    Options
    Greek yogurt w kashi go lean crunch mixed in :-)

almost exactly this :) I use the Kashi high fiber cereal and mix it with low fat yogurt
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Once you come to grips with the fact that it is calories in calories out. Breakfast or any eating plan can work.

Breakfast is great. I love eggs, I just choose to eat my calories later in the day.
    I boil a bunch of eggs and eat them through out the day with breakfast on a salad as a snack. Good idea
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with two tablespoons of PB2 stirred in. And a protein shake if it's a weights day, or if the day's meal plan is short on protein.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I've been liking 3 eggs and 4 slices of turkey bacon lately. With a cup of coffee and I'm good to go. Lots of protein and seems to keep me pretty full!
  • lidrasgirl
    lidrasgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Thomas Light multi-grain English Muffin and scrambled egg whites and a strip of turkey bacon (35 calories). Works for me
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I eat plain greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder and a link of breakfast sausage or slice of bacon. I cook all sorts of stuff for the family, but rarely eat it for breakfast except weekends.

On weekends, I eat between 1 and 3 small pancake, 1/2 cup egg beaters omelette, a slice of bacon and a piece of sausage. Then a small amount of fruit to go with it.

Protein in the morning, at least 30 grams, keeps me going and not at all hungry.
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Apple Walnut Quinoa. The texture is fun and different and it's something I can make ahead and just microwave, plus it's easy to make a big batch of since my daughter has been asking for it every morning as well. Even making from scratch doesn't take to long.

IMO it's a great alternative for those who don't like oatmeal but still want something filling and warm. Plus the quiona has a lot of good protein in it and if you wanted to up it a bit more you could serve on top of yogurt.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Egg Sandwich

-Mix an Egg and one White in a bowl and microwave. Sandwich on an Arnolds Sandwich Thin or open faced on a nutrient dense bread, top with a slice of cheese and a fistful of spinach.

Or 0% greek yogurt with some honey, a bit of granola and a banana.
  • grantsmommy
    grantsmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast almost everyday because I love it! I eat oatmeal with almond milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. So yummy!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My favorite is steak and eggs and country potatoes
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I like to eat dinner leftovers for breakfast b/c they are more filling to me for some reason than traditional breakfast foods...

Today, I had 1 cup of mashed sweet potato and 1 cup of brown rice before a bike ride, but it could be anything... chicken and veggies, soup, salad, whatever.

Maybe it's a mind game, but it works for me :-) And if I know I've made a healthy dinner, I'm sure breakfast will be too... I just eat slightly smaller portions usually b/c I do a mid-morning snack most days too.

If you're really gung-ho about getting oatmeal in, though, I used to put regular oats into a smoothie and that was pretty tasty... without the cooked oatmeal taste.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, blackberries, or apple.

1 slice of dry, 100% whole-grain toasted bread with 1 slice of 99% fat free turkey breast.

1 fresh tomato

Hot tea (no milk, no sugar)

1 capsule of Omega 3
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My "go to" breakfast is two eggs and an unbuttered slice of good quality whole grain bread, toasted. It's fast, easy, and I don't have to think about it. It keeps me going for quite a while, too.

Check out this site for lots of oatmeal ideas. I use half almond milk and half water in my oats. I do the whipped banana thing that Kath does, add a little brown sugar and a teaspoon of finely chopped walnuts. It's delicious! Kind of like banana nut oatmeal.

http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've recently been having French toast (well, I don't have breakfast during the week and I usually don't get around to eating till noonish on the weekend, but it's a breakfast type food)! Total calories is under 300 for 2 slices.

I do bread, egg, a touch of brown sugar and nutmeg, fry it (with 0 cal spray), then take it out and put on a splenda/cinnamon mixture. Quite yummy.

I did buy some porridge that I need to try soon.