It's been a while...

... but now I am back at it. I have an on again, off again relationship with my health and fitness. In 2010 I had an extraordinary amount of success with Insanity and P90X, and managed to stay fit and healthy for a good while. At some point last year, I lost focus, fell off the wagon and ended up putting on much of the 75 pounds I had lost.

Well, I'm sick of being unhealthy, so I am taking control of my health once again, and leaning on the MFP community for help, support and motivation. You all rock!

Replies

• TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome back Robert. I am the same as you but get never get into P90X. Too tough for me. I decided to stick to easier cardio and sports to try to help me. I started MyFitnesspal around June 2010. My goal was to get below 200 lbs. by Dec. 31 of the same year. I can proudly say that at my final weigh-in of the year I hit my goal at 72 lbs. lost and was 199 lbs. I kept it mostly off for about a year and a half but pulled a quad muscle in the summer of 2012. It quickly got me off my routine and I have managed to put back on about 30 of what I lost.

After looking in the mirror and seeing that I was headed down a dangerous road, I made the commitment and have started over trying to get myself back on track. It's tough to keep off those pounds, especially when I have a wonderful Italian wife who cooks great Italian food and delicious desserts. It is so difficult to eat the things you love that are so high calorie in moderation.

I wish you the best of luck as you start again. I would suggest starting back into it slowly to get yourself acclimated to the routine again and build yourself into where you want to be. I've found that jumping back into it too gung ho will sometimes make it more difficult to stick with your routine.