Had the App for a year.

Options
Um. Hi. So. Uh. I signed up with MFP, like, a year ago. Maybe more. It was during a fuzzy, guilt-ridden post-holiday haze in 2011, when I thought, "2012! This is my YEAR! I'm going to make all of my wildest dreams come true! I'm gonna finish grad school and find my One True Love and finally get skinny!! YES! IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!"

Ahem. Actually, none of that happened.

Well, that's not entirely true. I did finish grad school. So there's that. But, here I sit, in January 2013, sad, single and, well, fat.

Okay, well, the single part doesn't bother me so much. Do you know how awesome it is to live by yourself? Because it's pretty awesome. My time is MINE and so what if I want to watch Portlandia over and over again? That show is FUNNY! I think I might have a crush on Carrie Brownstein.....

Uh, I digress? Sorry, that happens a lot.

Anyway, what actually inspired me to hit up MFP again was, during a recent vacation I took to Asia, I realized how out of shape I had actually become. I like to think of myself as an "up for anything", fun, easy-going kind of gal. Well. Climbing up, literally, thousands of stairs to see caves, waterfalls, etc., made it crystal clear how out of shape I was. I was so sad and disappointed with myself. There's so much more of the world I want to see! What if my mostly-sedentary body can't do it?

I have to do something.

But, you know, this isn't my first time at the Weight Loss Rodeo. What makes this time different? Well, I don't want to lose weight because I hate myself. Far from it, my new friends. I am awesome. I am smart, I'm funny, I'm beautiful, I'm a good person. I like who I am and I've never let my weight stop me from doing anything I want to do.

No matter what, I'm committed to becoming nothing more than the best version of me. And I hope you'll agree, becoming nothing more than the best versions of ourselves is the ultimate reason why all of us signed up for MFP.

Friend me, won't you? I promise you clever quips and delicious recipes. Well, at least I think they're good....