Stand Still

Moneygrow3
Moneygrow3 Posts: 51
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Help!!!! I seem to be at a stand still with my weight loss! I have lost 4.5 pounds in the last 2 and a half weeks so far...I know that is great but this week is a real struggle for me! I am no where near ready to just "maintain" my weight! Help! How can I kick it up a notch?? I'm working out everyday and have been watching what I eat. I am open to any advice or suggestions! Thank you!

Replies

• sshultz
    sshultz Posts: 27 Member
    Congrats on the weight loss!

Make sure you're getting enough water. Try switiching up your exercise, maybe throw in some intervals once or twice a week. I don't know your stats or how you eat so I can't offer much there. What's your calorie intake? How often do you eat? What kind of foods are you eating?
  • milesje
    milesje Posts: 40 Member
    What is your calorie intake like? How often do you eat? Eating small meals 5 to 6 times daily will help to maintain a higher motabolism so that you will burn more calories, but you must eat smaller healther meal every 3 hours or so.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    You have a small amount of weight to lose. It will take time. You are doing great so far. You will get there. Remember the slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off.

Also, you said you work out every day? What kind of workouts? Keep in mind that your body does need time to rest to get the most out of those workouts, especially if you are doing weight training.
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    I can 100% feel you on this, and I was also doing the same thing - working out everyday and watching what I was eating and making sure I was drinking a tone of water. It wasn't until my husband told me that I needed a day to rest, so my body could recover that I acctually took a day off and I weighed myself two days later and saw that I lost 3 more lbs! Sometime, we just need to kick back for a day, that doesn't mean eat crap, just letting your body rest.
    Hope that was helpful!
  • I do usually take one day off a week... sorry!!! =) I'm drinking a ton of water and i do vary my workouts. One problem I seem to be having is meeting my actual calorie goal! I'm not hungry and I feel satisfied with what I eat... My instructor said I need to bump up my calorie intake and that should help!? Ideas? Thoughts??? Thank you for your help and encouragment!! Im just frustrated!!
This discussion has been closed.