Your #1 Weight Loss Tip-

Options
What is the number one weight loss tip that you live by-

Mine is....Every now and then have a calorie splurge without feeling guilty and then start the next day off right back on track eating healthy.

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Keep busy and on the move so you're burning calories and don't have time to think about food!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    What is the number one weight loss tip that you live by-

Mine is....Every now and then have a calorie splurge without feeling guilty and then start the next day off right back on track eating healthy.

That too :drinker:
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    my #1 tip: stop making excuses and just do it
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Learn to understand that the scale does not define you.....that you are not a number...that you are worth more than the feeling of failure if the scale says something you dont want to see....that the scale is to be used for FEEDBACK ONLY......that I AM WORTH IT!!!!!
  • LoveAlwaysAlisa
    LoveAlwaysAlisa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1. Water. Lots of it.
    2. Set small weight loss goals (Ex. lose 9 pounds this month) rather than thinking about the total to be lost. ( for me about 40 lbs)
    3. Protein.
    4. Workouts you actually ENJOY.
    :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. Don't quit. Don't quit!
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Practice patience
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    1. Water. Lots of it.
    2. Set small weight loss goals (Ex. lose 9 pounds this month) rather than thinking about the total to be lost. ( for me about 40 lbs)
    3. Protein.

#1 & #4!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    count calories and macros, work out hard, and eat all the ice cream
  • bullisnn82
    Options
    adding a tablespoon of coconut oil to soup for lunch helps me feel full and satisfied without a lot of calories for lunch which saves me more for dinner/ snacks. I also believe that making any food "bad" makes it a problem. I don't think of any food as wrong, and I never feel guilty for eating anything, even it I eat too much because that mindset is dangerous and unproductive.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If you eat it, you own it.

If you want to eat it, you have to either save room for it or make room for it.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    Diet is #1 , you can't out train/workout a bad diet
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the "Health and Fitness" board on Pinterest. Everything on there is bull****, and I mean everything.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    1. Water. Lots of it.
    3. Protein.

#1 and #4 for me...and to step outside your comfort zone (in my case - doing laps at the local pool)
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    WATER~

and take it one meal. one day. at a time. Do NOT think about the big loss picture. Baby steps.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Find what works for YOU and don't listen to anyone else.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    When you need something to believe in START with YOURSELF

NO CHEAT DAYS [A 'cheat meal' is ok as long as it fits your macros and/or doesn't go that much over the top]

Enjoy your cardio + drink water.

Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy and happy people don't shoot their husbands... they just don't.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Thinking of food as Protein, Carbs (the type of carbs) or Fat then rate if it is worth in Calories.
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    One thing I've really had to work on (still not perfect) is making sure I only eat when I'm physically hungry... most of the time I find myself going for seconds or mindlessly snacking and I'll realize... I'm not even hungry!!! So I have to ask myself all the time... Am I really hungry??... Do I really need that snack?? And the #1 question would be... If the only thing there was to eat was salad or carrots, would I eat that?? That catches me every time... If I find myself going ehhh... I'll realize I'm not really hungry... Hope this helps someone!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    EAT WHAT YOU LOVE! (Just eat within your calories and gradually make healthy substitutions where it makes sense for YOU.) This is going to be forever, right? If you are too restrictive, it ain't gonna last. :heart: