• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    baking soda facials and cider vinegar toner

keep the makeup light and oil-free and wash brushes frequently
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My favourite skin product is birth control.

No, really. I've been on it for 10 years. A year ago I tried to go off it, and I immediately broke out with horrible acne and giant pores. I toughed it out for 4 months, hoping it would go away, but eventually gave up and went back on the pill. Within 2 weeks my skin was perfect again.

So now I only wash my face when I have makeup to take off, so really only 2-3 times a week, with tea tree face wash from The Body Shop. I also use argan oil at night for moisturizing, and once every couple of weeks I use a baking soda scrub.

I am a little terrified of what's going to happen when I have to go off the pill to have a kid, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
  • kaitie23
    kaitie23 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a Clean n Clear and Proactive girl.

Clean n Clear Blackhead Mask
    Clean n Clear Skin Brightnng Facial Scrub or Detoxifying Glensing Wash
    Proactive Toner
    Clean n Clear Moisturizer
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    s1390061-main-hero.jpg

Clinique Acne Solutions: LOVEEEEE!!!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    A multivitamin and plenty of water. I have some products that I love (esp. Fresh Soy Cleanser -- it's really gentle but still takes off waterproof mascara), but for me the nutrition and hydration piece is what matters most.

ETA: Oh, and always washing off any makeup I'm wearing before bed. ALWAYS.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I worked at the clinique counter before Nursing school and I love all of their products. It is worth the money. I would go to the counter and get them to personalize your skin regimen if you are thinking of switching, there are so many great products to choose from. I also like the clarisonic mia it is AMAZING!

I second Clinique. I use their facewash and moisturiser, and I have a little sample of an eye cream. I don't wear a lot of make-up either, but if I do wear foundation, I use a good one, like Estée Lauder. I have pretty good skin most of the time.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i have great skin and i dont do anything at all with it....

when i wash my face i just dunk my bead under the bath water and relax and feel the warm water lol...

the most i do is put some argan oil on my face....... or lotion.. im not o high maintence even though i wish i was lol... but it still looks like i took hours to get ready even though i only take 15 minutes tops....
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there know a remedy for blackheads on noses? They are so annoying, I don't know even know what to do. Anyone?

I have super sensitive skin but these work for me.

Make a paste from baking soda and lemon juice. Massage on and rinse with warm water.

During a dry slin spell... Nutmeg and buttermilk. mix them into a paste and scrub your face. You can add a little wheat germ or ground flax, etc to get more scrubby action. Let it sit and then rinse with warm water.

Honey is also really good for skin. But as always... Lots if water and a clean diet seem to help the most
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I avoid excessive sun exposure, drink lots of water. :)

Of course keep it clean. But I don't use any pricey cleansers or lotions.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm prone to breaking out from most products I've found, but years ago I discovered Usana Sense' and it's really fantastic! I recommend the daily cleanser, day and night moisturizers and the rice bran and creme masques. Everything smells SO yummy, too.

http://www.beautifulscience.com

You can pick up the basic combo pack on the Usana website for $90, but eBay has them cheaper. Sometimes sample packs are available on eBay, as well.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit Neutrogena acne wash (to save money)
    Gm Collins Intensive Exfoliating Gel a couple times a week (I get it from a skin care spa at the mall)
    Biore salicylic acid 2% astringent (also saves money and I don't always use this)
    B.Kamins Replenishing Eye Cream (because I have sensitive eyes). I get this from Sephora.
    B.Kamins Blemish Gel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide (from Sephora)

For spf I use: La Roche Posay 60 spf ultra fluid lotion

For moisturizer I use a light oil free moisturizer. Haven't found one I love. Right now I am just using Avene Cleanance Lotion. It works good enough, but nothing great about it.

My skin is normal, sensitive, oily.
  • amberdowns83
    Options
    Amazing skin starts from within... I avoid dairy as much as possible and I am also a gluten free, low fat, raw vegan mostly (not on my cheat days lol) I also drink a ton of water. For products I use Philosophy. There is something to be said for spending more on products you get what you pay and I have never been disappointed by Philosophy!
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I worked at the clinique counter before Nursing school and I love all of their products. It is worth the money. I would go to the counter and get them to personalize your skin regimen if you are thinking of switching, there are so many great products to choose from. I also like the clarisonic mia it is AMAZING!

This. I use all Clinique products and it has done wonders for my skin.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there know a remedy for blackheads on noses? They are so annoying, I don't know even know what to do. Anyone?

Clean & Clear makes a Blackhead Eraser Scrub and it really does work. Takes 2-3 days, but I've noticed a significant difference.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    pop them by pinching your skin
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I swear by Philosophy for anti-aging and Murad for anti-acne..... like *REALLY* swear. I'm about to turn 40 and NEVER have been pegged at being in my 30s. I will say, it's on the more expensive end though, but Ulta really helps make it somewhat affordable.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I am 44....Always get compliments on my skin and I have used Mary Kay since college...:happy:
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    My dermatologist told me to use Dove soap (the one without any perfume in it.) and DML lotion. You can get DML lotion over the counter. It was 8 dollars for a pretty big bottle. I have extremely sensitive skin, and this is the only thing that doesn't make my skin worse. I also use a Vitamin E cream on my face, to get rid of my acne scars.

For a mask, I will use oatmeal (put it in a food processor or blender to make it into a powder) and lemon juice. If you want it to be more moisturizing, add raw honey or extra virgin olive oil.

Good luck!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    COCONUT OIL!

Yes, I had to yell that.

At night, my routine is to take off all of my makeup with a cleaning wipe, I like 'say yes to carrots' or Olay daily facial wipes, slather my face in Noxema, let it sit a few minutes, rise, dry and then moisturize with coconut oil, straight out of the jar, just a finger tip full is a good face amount. It's solid in the jar but melts in your hand.

I don't really have a morning routine, I just apply more coconut oil after I get out of the shower and give it a little time to soak up before I do my makeup. I also use it is my full body moisturizer after the shower.. use it in my hair as a deep conditioner once a week.. use it on the ends of my hair before I blow dry... put it in my food.. I SWEAR by that crap.

I do exfoliate with baking soda/milk (just a few drops of milk to make a paste) or nutmeg/milk (same thing) once or twice a week, too.... then more coconut oil.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I never had acne til I was about my late 20's. it was so bad I went to a dermatologist. Apparently using the same skin routine that I used in my teens was causing break-outs. The derm told me I needed to use mild hypoallergenic face cleansers like Cetaphil or Cerave (I like Cerave better) followed by a sensitive skin moisturizer (I also use the Cerave lotion). On top of this I am on birth control (ortho-cyclen) which regulates hormone levels and keeps my skin clear. My skin looks the best it's ever been!

PS: birth control USUALLY makes acne pretty bad the first few months. Once your hormones are regulated the acne goes away.