My Workout..

Options
Weekly:

Monday:
-Zumba @ 5:00-6:00pm(class)
Tuesday:
-Go to the Gym
+ Run .25 miles then I walk .25 then I run .25 then I walk .25 (on the treadmill: total of 1 mile)
+ Leg Day!..
- Hip Adduction: 3 sets of 10 w/ 110 pounds
- Hib Abduction: 3 sets of 10 w/ 50 pounds
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10 w/ 160 pounds
Wednesday:
-Zumba @ 5:00-6:00pm(class)
Thursday:
-Go to the Gym
+Run 3.2 miles on the Elliptical
+ Belly Day!
- Abdominal Twist, Seated, Machine 2 sets of 15 w/ 35 pounds
*Im still learning what things are at the gym so If I see something specifically for belly I will try it.. But Haven't ventured out to far in this area yet..
Friday:
-Dance Aerobic @ 5:00-6:00pm (class)
Saturday:
-Go to the Gym
+Run .25 Walk .25 Run .25 Walk .25 on Treadmill (1 mile)
+ Upper Body Day
-Bench Press (Machine) 3 sets of 5 w/ 35 pounds
-Overhead Press,Machine, Seated: 2 sets of 6 w/ 35 pounds
-Pec Dec Butterfly (Pectoral Fly) 3 sets of 6 w/ 35 pounds
Sunday:
Rest

I will start this workout Monday..However I have already started it but just didn't do them in that order. I am still new at working out.. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated..

My Diet consist of:
Eat only Green Vegetables ( Green Beans, Turnip Greens)* I eat other things.. Just when I do have sides for a meal they are green vegetables.. Yes I do eat meat But when I eat meat I bake it or its grilled on the grill.
I watch my sugar count and try to keep it under 10.. (this is my goal)
Only Drink Water.
No Fast Food
No Fried Food
I went from drink 2-8 cokes a day til having my last coke on Jan. 3rd 2013.

My Goals:
I am currently 149 pounds.. I would love to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120( I have a one year old and a two year old.. So all that weight piled up). However I use to be 110 pounds but that was when I was in the best shape of my life. I have never been good at running, however I was good at running if it was like in softball, or basketball. Just never the one to run a mile or anything. I joined this site with the mind set what not to lose, but weight. I want to be able to have the endurance to be able to compete in 5k. I would feel very accomplished if I could do that..
Your advice is greatly appreciated. But please be nice!

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, why are you only eating green vegetables?
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Um.. to be honest I am trying to watch all sugar, and carbs and stuff.. And my brother, in which stays at the gym, pretty much made my diet plan. I love green vegetables so it feels like a win win to me .. lol He could probably explain it better but I am perfectly fine with it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just a couple things you may want to consider....

As your level of fitness gets better, your intensity will have to go up to get the benefits...those run/walks will quickly become less and less beneficial in RE to upping your fitness level to run a 5K. You should make goals for each day...i.e. last time I ran .25 miles and walked .25...this time I'm going to run .50 miles and walk .25 miles and build up until you're running 2-3 miles without stopping to walk. I'd also throw in some HIIT in there, it does wonders for you fitness level and really helps when you're training for a 5K...at least one day of HIIT on the treadmill or on a track. Remember, always push yourself further than you think you can go...you'd be surprised that you can actually do it and it's the only way to progress.

In RE to the weight room, you'd honestly get a lot more benefit from full body compound lifts than all of that isolation stuff. The results of isolation and assistance work is minimal relative to compound lifts.

In RE to diet, you need to eat more than green veg. Green veg is awesome and nutritious, but if that's all you're eating, you're not getting all of your macros (carb/protein/fat)...they're all important to overall health and nutrition. To boot, if you're not getting a good amount of protein, you're not going to get a whole lot of benefit from your weight sessions...you need protein to build and maintain lean body mass. Also, if all you're eating is veg, I would think it would be very difficult to reach your BMR level of calories per day as veg is so low in calories.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Um.. to be honest I am trying to watch all sugar, and carbs and stuff.. And my brother, in which stays at the gym, pretty much made my diet plan. I love green vegetables so it feels like a win win to me .. lol He could probably explain it better but I am perfectly fine with it.

I'm not saying you have to, but there are lots of other colours of vegetables out there and nutritionally green vegetables may not necessarily cover as many bases as a wider range would.
  • starsandsass
    Options
    It seems like if you were where you want to be before it's likely you already have the knowledge as how to get back there. Just remember to stay motivated, eat right and sleep well (well as well as you can with two young kiddies). Goodluck!!
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Just a couple things you may want to consider....

As your level of fitness gets better, your intensity will have to go up to get the benefits...those run/walks will quickly become less and less beneficial in RE to upping your fitness level to run a 5K. You should make goals for each day...i.e. last time I ran .25 miles and walked .25...this time I'm going to run .50 miles and walk .25 miles and build up until you're running 2-3 miles without stopping to walk. I'd also throw in some HIIT in there, it does wonders for you fitness level and really helps when you're training for a 5K...at least one day of HIIT on the treadmill or on a track. Remember, always push yourself further than you think you can go...you'd be surprised that you can actually do it and it's the only way to progress.

In RE to the weight room, you'd honestly get a lot more benefit from full body compound lifts than all of that isolation stuff. The results of isolation and assistance work is minimal relative to compound lifts.

In RE to diet, you need to eat more than green veg. Green veg is awesome and nutritious, but if that's all you're eating, you're not getting all of your macros (carb/protein/fat)...they're all important to overall health and nutrition. To boot, if you're not getting a good amount of protein, you're not going to get a whole lot of benefit from your weight sessions...you need protein to build and maintain lean body mass. Also, if all you're eating is veg, I would think it would be very difficult to reach your BMR level of calories per day as veg is so low in calories.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    lol i tried to quote you.. Vegetables isn't all i eat.. But when I have a side on my plate its typically a green vegetable. I eat meat; i tend to bake chicken. and different fishes.. If i eat I meat I bake it or Its grilled on the grill.. lol
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    leg day should include barbell squats and dead lifts.

you don't need a specific day for abs. abs can be done after your leg work outs.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options

Yeah I know.. I haven't built up my confidence to go over to that side of the gym yet.. I always go to the gym alone so i always feel awkward..:/ But i am determined to make my way over there and do some of that stuff!
  • You should definitely consider adding different colored fruits and veggies. The link below shows what benefits the different colors have.

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/fruits-vegetables.shtml
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Yeah I know.. I haven't built up my confidence to go over to that side of the gym yet.. I always go to the gym alone so i always feel awkward..:/ But i am determined to make my way over there and do some of that stuff!

so go there! most people on "that side of the gym" don't know more then you do, and will give you advice if you ask nicely. just walk over, do your thing, and leave. punch anyone that gives you ****.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    lol.. ill take that advice :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice any back exercises on your list. Deadlifts, pull ups, or barbell/dumbbell rows are the best, but if you like your machines, lat pull downs, or seated rows will help, too. You could totally cut out ab day, by going full body compound lifts: squats, bench, overhead press, dead lifts. 3 days per week. Your abs would get quite a workout doing these exercises, too, and you will make better strength gains, and muscular development.

Sometimes it is a good idea to not shoot for what you weighed when you were the "best shape of your life". In gaining weight, you have also gained muscle, so you will have to lose that muscle to get back to where you were before. This is not a good idea. Shoot for healthy, or a certain clothing size. It is a much better goal than a certain scale weight. I fit in the same size pants right now at 180 lbs that I did when I was in the best shape of my life at 150 lbs.
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Thank u all for ur input