Setting up weight loss goals

Yurippe
Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm trying to set up long term weight loss goals for myself. I have 90 lbs to lose to get to a healthy BMI. Do you think it is realistic to do so in 18 months (5 lbs per month), or am I just setting myself up for disappointment thinking this far ahead? Any input would be appreciated.

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    That sounds pretty realistic to me, but remember that weight loss is much quicker and easier when you have more to lose. I imagine you will have no problem meeting that goal, (and probably more for the first few months) but as you get closer its going to go slower and slower.

I'd guess 6lbs a month is reasonable until you have about 50-60lbs left to lose, then maybe opt for 4lbs until your under 20lbs left, then reevaluate every week to see how you're progressing.

I think it's definitely doable in that time span, but if you decide to set up mini goals keep that in mind.

Best of luck and congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier you! :flowerforyou:
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    thats what i hear when you have more to lose it comes off faster, myself i only want to lose about 15 so im setting my self up for about 3 lbs a month. but good luck
This discussion has been closed.