HR Monitor +Albuterol?

Options
Hi!
This is my first time posting, and I have read a whole bunch of stuff about heart rate monitors and how awesome they are. My only question is that I take Albuterol for my exercise induced asthma and even though its not supposed to albuterol, even though I only take one puff before exercise, elevates my heart rate. If I use a HR monitor will it still be an accurate representation of the calories I burned and my fitness level?
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    This is my first time posting, and I have read a whole bunch of stuff about heart rate monitors and how awesome they are. My only question is that I take Albuterol for my exercise induced asthma and even though its not supposed to albuterol, even though I only take one puff before exercise, elevates my heart rate. If I use a HR monitor will it still be an accurate representation of the calories I burned and my fitness level?
    Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't worry about it. My respiratory therapist has me using 2 puffs before every exercise session. By the time I walk into the gym, and up the steps, my HR is about 115-120 to begin with. The only thing that gets my HR up really far is the stairmaster.