Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love my high intensity instructor at the ymca it is my fave class!
  • sarahmartin2013
    Options
    Even when your tired KEEP MOVING.. and the dances might be a lil confusing at first but even if u get lost KEEP MOVING :)
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can put duct tape on the bottom of your sneakers and with help make them slide better.....
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You got some great advice. My advice as a newbie( I've done 3-4 classes a week since Jan 1st) is to be careful with your knees. I had to give up running a few years ago due to bad knees and have experienced some knee pain doing Zumba. I now wear braces and modify a few of the moves/dances because of it. I also ice them. So far, it seems manageable but I hope I don't have to give up Zumba like I had to give up running:( Zumba is as "addictive" as running. I absolutely love it and I've never danced in my life or done group exercise classes:)
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You got some great advice. My advice as a newbie( I've done 3-4 classes a week since Jan 1st) is to be careful with your knees. I had to give up running a few years ago due to bad knees and have experienced some knee pain doing Zumba. I now wear braces and modify a few of the moves/dances because of it. I also ice them. So far, it seems manageable but I hope I don't have to give up Zumba like I had to give up running:( Zumba is as "addictive" as running. I absolutely love it and I've never danced in my life or done group exercise classes:)

Thanks! I will keep this in mind since I have given up on running in the past due to my knees, however, I have changed the way I run and gotten better shoes and now have had no problem with my knees.