Prime rib, pie, ice cream..

Options
TrailRunner61
TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
At first I wasn't sure where to post this topic, but I realized that it is definately 'success story' worthy. :)

I don't do this often so please don't preach to me about how bad it is. Like everyone else, I know what food is good for me and what isn't.

I love, love how I can go out to dinner with friends now and order a big ole slab of prime rib, pie or ice cream and watch them look at me in awe as I eat it. I CAN, because I work my *kitten* off by running several miles a week, walking, hiking, etc., eating the RIGHT foods that are nourishing my body, instead of making me fat and can afford the occasional 'naughty' meal or treat.
I don't care what they are thinking, but sometimes I wonder. Are they thinking.. oh she's going to gain all of that weight back now, just wait! One even laughed at me after I got a second piece of pie at a buffet. What they don't understand is that on a day that I'd eat like that, I would have run about 6 miles, ate lighter thoughout the day and while eating at the 'hog trough buffet', I skipped all of the potato salad, creamy, fat laden salad dressings, etc etc, so I could eat what I really wanted!

Oddly, now it makes me WANT to eat crap in front of them just because I can. Weird. I am not a good role model anymore.

Cheers for moderation! Well somewhat! :drinker:

Replies

• GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Haha. I love this! It's so true. When I moved into where I'm living now with my boyfriend, his brother, and sister-in-law, his brother made a comment like "Well, you might as well throw your diet out the window cuz we eat all kinds of good stuff here. Nachos, BBQ, lasagna, blah blah blah." I just laughed and told him it wasn't gonna be a problem cuz although I am trying to eat "cleaner" I can still eat whatever I want. I fill my plate with as much veggie content as I can, usually skimp a little on the meat and cheese, have moderate carb portions, and keep it all balanced as possible, and of course stay under my calorie goals and exercise! That's all you gotta do. Being healthy is not as restrictive and boring as most people seem to think.
  • kiwilaurie
    kiwilaurie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I totally, totally agree with this. I do not understand really restrictive diets where any treats are out of the question for the rest of eternity.
    I have days where my MFP daily result looks absolutely diabolical. In fact the last three days have been like this (anniversary dinner, meal out and a giant family picnic yesterday). BUT I take those days as an opportunity to still enjoy food that otherwise I would be avoiding (by not cooking etc) and then I work extra hard for the week after.

Having said that, this has been a massive learning curve for me. I lost weight last year but gained it back because I got complacent with the balance above, and the treats began to outweigh the hard work. Not going to make the same mistake twice. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!