I'm mean.. but I just have to say..

Options
2»

Replies

• dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh, Now you got me started! LOL.
    What about the people who sit next to you, at their desk, unable to take a "lunch break" and eat tuna, or smelly fish? Ugh. That annoys me! It's so stupid that when someone complains about lotion, they "ban" it. I think you should complain about peoples smelly food haha.

I totally agree! This place stinks often, honestly! I used to hate it when my roommate ate tuna and left her dirty dish in the sink for days... ugh! Stinky! Glad I don't have that roomie anymore!

I'm going to be eating a hard boiled egg at lunch time at my desk... I guess I'm guilty too!

Hard boiled eggs really don't stink :)
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    the company i work for is a frangrance free facility! i am thankful....i have a supersonic sense of smell and i can get a migraine from other perfumes. scented hand lotion is one thing. perfume sprayed on is another. if you are going to put on the smelly stuff, you should not reapply the perfume in a shared restroom. i know several other people that are not "overly allergic" but are sensitive like myself anf it will cause headaches and can aggravate existing medical conditions like asthma. i think people should be able to smell nice, but within reason and being courteous of others around you.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    i drive a school bus with students ranging in ages from 4 to 18. twice, i have had students go into asthma attacks b/c of perfume. we do not carry the medical equipment that is necessary for someone in this kind of distress. for one student i had to call 911, i am thankful we have cell phones, b/c we didn't about 7 yrs ago. the other student had an inhaler, but i called his mom and she met me at a stop within 10 minutes. even tho we have windows, buses are small, confined areas. lotions CAN be too strong. our district has a bus rule that perfumes, deodorants, lotions, hand sanitizers, anything smelly cannot be used on a district school bus. they can put it on before or after. it definitely is not worth it. it is scary for the student and for others to witness as well. asthma and other breathing problems can be triggered by lots of things.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I know it sucks to hear, but the scent thing is a big deal to me, too. I have to walk out of the house sometimes when my roommate just uses hairspray! It's horrible for her, but we've learned how to deal with it. She'll keep her door closed or warn me when she's getting ready or something so I can be prepared. I'm not bothered by natural things like flowers, foods, etc. It's the artificial fragrances that really get to me and most other people who are uniquely sensitive to them. However, I like to smell nice, too! My compromise is to use mostly products that are scented with essential oils or something similar - these are MUCH more tolerable. Anything that says "no artificial fragrance" might be ok to wear around the psycho who brings her own water without making her pitch a fit. :happy:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    What about the people who stink to high heaven and are covered in more toxic chemical compounds than the worst landfils in the US? What do they call them again? Oh yeah...smokers. The second they say you can't wear perfume at work, you complain about people smelling like stale cigarette smoke and the cehmical residue bothering you. Unless then ban smoking before, during, and after work so those people don't smell...then they can't ban you from smelling nice.
    Or how about coffee breath? Ooops..too much...I think I'm gonna hurl...:P
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    What about the people who stink to high heaven and are covered in more toxic chemical compounds than the worst landfils in the US? What do they call them again? Oh yeah...smokers. The second they say you can't wear perfume at work, you complain about people smelling like stale cigarette smoke and the cehmical residue bothering you. Unless then ban smoking before, during, and after work so those people don't smell...then they can't ban you from smelling nice.

Yeah, and what about the people who come into work from outside? Or from inside? They're all just DRIPPING with stinky, smelly, headache-inducing pollution! Ban everyone and everything from work!

Oh...

Yeah! Prohibition is fun. And being considerate is for loooooosssseeeeerrrrrrs.
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options

I would much rather smell someone's strong perfume than someone who smells like cigarettes.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks to hear, but the scent thing is a big deal to me, too. I have to walk out of the house sometimes when my roommate just uses hairspray! It's horrible for her, but we've learned how to deal with it. She'll keep her door closed or warn me when she's getting ready or something so I can be prepared. I'm not bothered by natural things like flowers, foods, etc. It's the artificial fragrances that really get to me and most other people who are uniquely sensitive to them. However, I like to smell nice, too! My compromise is to use mostly products that are scented with essential oils or something similar - these are MUCH more tolerable. Anything that says "no artificial fragrance" might be ok to wear around the psycho who brings her own water without making her pitch a fit. :happy:

Haha! Thanks, That really made me smile!

I know a lot of people have sensitivities to fragrances.... and from all of these posts I know now that it can be a really big deal, I would hate for any of my co-workers to have an asthma attach because of my lotion!. I think I just have experience in this situation with people who are um.... an exception. I was just super bummed because I bought that lotion specifically to bring to work and now I can't use it.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    I had to tell you guys this just because it reminded me of the thread...

So at my shop (I work in the car business), we have various parts delivery guys that come in and out every day. One of them wears this godawful cologne that lingers even after he leaves... it stings the nostrils. It bothers all of us, we cover our noses when he's near. The shop foreman called the company to complain and reached voicemail. He left the following, hysterical message, straight out of Anchorman:

"Please ask your driver to stop wearing so much Sex Panther when he delivers to our shop because 60% of the time, it ain't working every time."

I was rolling!!!!!