tough night last night

My 5 year old had some leg cramps last night and was crying a lot. I woke up around 2:30 and had a nutella sandwich and a cup of milk. Of course I could not stop eating the nutella so I had 4 Tbs. UUGH. It counts towards today's food.

My plan is to play just dance for kids on the WII, do my essential muscle builder 12 minute workout and if I'm still feeling good I will do my 20 minute walk away the pounds video. I will also do some cleaning around the house. I figured if I'm busy doing stuff I can get some more calories for food today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Love and God's peace,

Tracy:yawn:

Replies

• Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    It's ok. We all slip up, especially when we're stressed. You've got a plan to work it out. Just keep to your plan and you'll be fine. :)
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    My kids both get those leg cramps. Try a glass of water and a banana. Then, don't beat yourself up about nutella, and go about your day. Sometimes, it is okay to have a crappy day.

hope everyone has a better day today.
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Nutella is a really bad thing to have around, isn't it??? It is just so yummy! I used to not buy it but I have found that one teaspoon from the jar can ward of a chocolate binge so now I have it again.

Well done you for not ignoring the calories but instead adding them to today's diary, and it's brilliant that you have scheduled in some exercise today. Do hope you have a better night tonight.

Keep up your amazing work!!

x
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Just take it one meal at a time! U have a good plan
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    someone once told me that tying a sock around their leg at the sore spot (snug but not circulation stopping) will stop leg cramps in their tracks.... It might all be in their heads-i dont know- but So far hasn't failed wih any of my kids and I get back to bed within 3 min
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    I used to make this mistake all the time. Giving in to a midnight snack and then counting it towards the next days calories. The next day I would be even hungrier because I was restricting, trying to make up for that snack, and it made it so much harder to stick to eating healthy. Plus I would need a late night snack again after feeling deprived all day, so I would end up with the same problem of trying to count those calories with the next day again and it is just a vicious cycle!

Experience has taught me that the best thing to do to stay on track, is start over fresh today with all your calories. You are not going to gain just from going over one night. Don't deprive yourself, eat something if you are hungry, and just make better choices next time. You don't have to be perfect all of the time to be successful!

You still have to live life to make this a lasting lifestyle change, and unfortunately life has it's up and downs. Just have more good days than bad and you will lose weight.