"Unhealhiest Meals in America" list

Options

Replies

• dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I saw that yesterday, it was shocking. I've never been to the US but I wonder, does the food in cheesecake factory taste good?
    When I googled their nutrition information, lots of their main dishes has at least 1000 calories per serve.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory is heavenly and the food is filling....I don't make it a habit to eat there often and when I do, there is no way I can eat a full entree. They give enough for 2-3 meals depending on what you order.
  • brookelynnesmith
    Options
    The cheesecake factory has some of the best food I've ever tasted. I used to go there every year for my birthday. Granted, I haven't been there in three years now - just because I'm now aware of how awful it is for you.

It's fantastic - but definitely not worth it. Be glad you've never been here!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Meh, Cheesecake factory is junk really. Johnny Rockets is another crappy chain, a NJ diner is better.
  • dr3w_s
    Options
    I checked out their website, the cheesecake look so gooooood :love:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I saw that yesterday, it was shocking. I've never been to the US but I wonder, does the food in cheesecake factory taste good?
    When I googled their nutrition information, lots of their main dishes has at least 1000 calories per serve.

It does. I'd fight my way through a horde of fire-ant infested weasels being slung around by coked up 12 year olds on Harley's to get to a Cheesecake Factory.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am not in the U.S either but I checked out their menu. There are still some healthy options there and the grilled eggplant sandwich sounds yummy. :) I usually can't pass up the steak though.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much a new list for me to eat if I ever return to US...

I don't believe in unhealthy meals. I do believe in unhealthy portion sizes. All these foods sounds amazing!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options

It does. I'd fight my way through a horde of fire-ant infested weasels being slung around by coked up 12 year olds on Harley's to get to a Cheesecake Factory.

^^^^^This Hellz yeah. Cheesecake factory ROCKS. food is OK but the Cheesecake OMG is UFBelievable
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    My stepdad (who's well into his 50s and gaining weight rapidly as he gets older and approaches retirement) posted this article on FB. His comment was "looks like it's time for a road trip!"

Some people just don't care, I guess :p
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    We went to the Cheesecake Factory when we were visiting Boston about 10 years ago and loved it! My daughter (then aged 15) and I had to get one meal between the two of us though as we would never have been able to manage the huge portions!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't recall eating at the Cheesecake Factory, but I love cheesecake. The chocolate cake at the Italian restaurant looked the best.
    The iHop looked nasty, but I hate eggs..and. Gravy...

Whenever my husband I go put to eat we always are shocked at how many people there eat the full appetizer, the full meal, and full dessert. That is so much food!! My stomach would burst!maybe those people skipped eating for two days and had the room.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    The portions at The Cheesecake Factory are usually huge, too.... easily enough for two, if not three, meals. We don't go there very often, but when we do, I know that I'll be going home with leftovers.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Looks good. I only eat out on special occasions so a couple thousand calories for a delicious meal doesn't phase me a bit. By all means, have low calorie options for people who don't cook or eat out frequently (that's just good business) but there is nothing inherently wrong with high calorie food.
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    This list is really eye opening.

What gets me about these places is that the food is good! Yes and the patrons really like it! But do you really need half a cup of sugar in a slice of cake to make it taste good? Seems totally unreasonable and wasteful, even from a business perspective.

They really are trying to kill us.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options

I don't believe in unhealthy meals. I do believe in unhealthy portion sizes. All these foods sounds amazing!

the hulk said it right....
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options

What gets me about these places is that the food is good! Yes and the patrons really like it! But do you really need half a cup of sugar in a slice of cake to make it taste good? Seems totally unreasonable and wasteful, even from a business perspective.

OF COURSE you need half a cup of sugar in a piece of cake to make it taste so good... that's what makes it irresistible! And I think the goal is more to make people addicted (to sugar) so they keep coming back... dead patrons don't make for much of a profit ;-)

Kidding, of course, but I don't think any of this is new info, maybe just a new format. Still, if the shock factor helps wake people up, so be it. That's why I have MFP on my phone... so I can pick healthy choices when I go places like these. Not to say that I ALWAYS make the healthy choice, but hey, at least I'm informed!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    We actually had the Maggianos cake for our wedding cake bc no wedding cakes we tried could top it (our reception was at the Buckhead Atlanta location). Huge slices and amazing taste. According to the wedding coordinator there, takes days to make. Love! Very rich and not something you could eat all on your own. Probably a good thing given the calories... Lol!
  • azanne07
    Options
    Those portions are way to large. and i have to agree if i want an apple pie im going to eat in not have it blended up. The only one i have here is Ihop. and i dont like the country fried steak or the gravy yuck!
  • dr3w_s
    Options

yes it does make food taste better, I cook for living and I know butter and sugar really make food taste good, maybe not too much sugar though.