Before/after-58 to goal. Why can't I see this in the mirror?

April 2011 vs. January 22,2013
2dvspas.jpg

I know I have made amazing results. This new life has been amazing and I am getting stronger and stronger. I am using heavier weights and can actually jump and run now. I am just having a hard time seeing it.

For all of you that have lost, how did you come to cope with the new you?

Replies

• Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Its hard because we see ourselves everyday!!! Sometimes I wonder the same thing but you look absolutely amazing!!!
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    You've done so well!!! You look gorgeous. I think sometimes reality will sink in when you look at pant size, the mirror allows you to be way to critical. It is an amazing accomplishment, well done!
  • Szkx45
    Szkx45 Posts: 12 Member
    You look great, and I can definitely see the difference. That's why before and after pictures are so valuable....it allows you to see beyond the small day to day improvements. You are doing great...keep up the good work!
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    You look awesome! Super young and I love your haircut!!!
  • Concentrate on how good you feel on the inside and that beauty will show on the outside. I see it even though you don't
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Girl, you look so great and I can totally see it! Hopefully everyone's comments will help convince you and boost your confidence, too. You've come SO far! I'm proud of you and you'll be proud of me after I lose a crap ton more weight! lol ;)
  • I know I've changed and I can't see it in the mirror but I can definitely see it when I'm wearing my old clothes.
    Maybe it's because you see yourself in the mirror everyday while you don't get to see yourself that often inside your old pants :wink:

That's what I think! Now cheers and CONGRATS!:drinker: :drinker:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    BIG difference!! Congratulations on your progress and brilliant dedication.
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    You look amazing and so much younger, the bigger you looks like the mum of the smaller you xx
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    HUGE DIFFERENCE! You look great! I haven't lost enough yet to notice any difference but my hubby says he has. I think it's like everyone else is saying, you see yourself everyday. I read another post saying that someone who had lost a lot of weight was feeling down when they were trying on clothes... so to perk herself up, she tried on clothes in her old size and realized how much she has changed. It's there and you are beautiful :)
  • mwgner
    mwgner Posts: 115
    You look absolutely phenomenal. If it is hard for you to see when you look in the mirror how much progress you have made, put this photo up on the mirror so you see it every time you step in front of it. It may help to remind you of how well you are doing.

Wishing you all the best in the future.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Maybe when you looked in the mirror before you kind of saw what you wanted to be; and now that you are closer to that... I don't know- but I am still fat - just starting my MFP journey, but what I see in pictures is always a way fatter looking me than what I see in the mirror.
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    I have lost 85 pounds and have 115 to go. I can't see a difference in the mirror either, but I can see a difference in your pictures. Amazing job on losing 100 pounds. That is my next goal... to get to 100 pounds lost. Keep up the great work.
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    You look fantastic!
  • I am sooo proud of you! Good for you! You look so happy and healthy and strong :)

I struggle with the same things. 45 lbs and 40 inches gone and I still see the "old" me. Just remind yourself daily of how amazing and beautiful and wonderful you are, and in time you will see it.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    You personally don't see it but do u FEEL it? Keep up the good work, you look amazing.:heart:
  • I don't often see the changes in myself either. Every once in a while, I'll catch my own reflection in a store window or something and be pleasantly surprised, but my everyday looks in the mirror tend to leave me feeling disappointed. I'm afraid it takes a long time for our brains to catch up.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    I struggle with it! My brain is kind of a mess right now. I can see the positive changes when I'm looking for them in my bathroom mirrors, but if I catch my reflection unexpectedly in a mirror or glass when I'm not expecting it, I feel like I look fat and awful all over again. And forget pictures. I've tried to take updated progress pictures lately, but every time I do, they are so terrible compared to what I see in my bathroom mirrors that it's completely discouraging for me.

As a heavy person I spent most of my time with my head in the sand not thinking about how I looked because it was too painful. Now that it's impossible to ignore it's overwhelming to me. Body issues don't disappear when the weight does. You just get new ones before the old ones are gone. I plan on getting to a good place with all of this eventually, but I'm not there yet.

Congrats on your progress! You've done a wonderful job and it shows.
  • i'm glad that you at least see it in your pictures. i remember not wanting to take pictures in the beginning and i really dont have any from right before i started. i had one picture but i deleted it after losing 30-40 lbs because i still didnt see any changes but everyone else did. now i wish i had a million of old pictures that showed my entire body to compare. majority of the time i don't see it. i had an AH HA moment when my sister gave me some jeans that i remember being with her when she bought it. size 18. & i have NEVER EVER thought of my sister as "fat" or "overweight" and when i could put those jeans on i was in complete awe. & then the light bulb went off that obviously there is a mental thing here because i would never have called her or thought of her in those ways.. so why would i think those about me now? i STILL try to buy bigger sized clothes when shopping and then i'm shocked when they don't fit. in my brain.. i'm still that 327 lb girl that i was just last year. i still don't like my body. i'm probably even more self conscious of it now but then i do sometimes admire things in the mirror.. like collar bones. i didn't know i had those haha. or how my stomach (which i might add is nowhere looking like any people on here.. my stomach looks like another set of boobs but not in a flattery way) looks like it might possibly have shrinked. i will always have room for improvement... but the truth is i have worked hard for what i have now and i should be proud of at least my dedication. you too have done amazing. you look fabulous and i really wish you could see it in the mirror. try to embrace at least one little thing about your body now that is different from how it was and maybe then work up to seeing how you really are in a positive way. also try to focus on just being healthier or being more active versus thinking about losing the weight, looking a certain way, or weighing a set amount. just give yourself the time. you are worth it. & you will see it one day. you will.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    great job!!! Hang this pic on your mirror!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!