My daughter has a very low BMi

RoadsterGirlie
RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
My greyhound is 5'2" tall if she were to stand on her hind legs. She weighs 63 lbs, which gives her a BMI of 11.5. A healthy BMI is 18.5 to 25. This means she is GROSSLY underweight for a person her size. I'm worried...

Replies

• Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    You are too funny :smile: Greyhounds are all muscle, BMI is GROSSLY overrated. :laugh:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    iseewutudidthere
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    I know how you feel. Our dog Jack is suspiciously swole for a rat terrier. I suspect he is abusing steroids.

:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I know how you feel. Our dog Jack is suspiciously swole for a rat terrier. I suspect he is abusing steroids.

6197177_700b.jpg
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Don't worry, my rat Penelope is a real fatty even though I only feed her healthy rat food, veggies, and kisses :)
    photo_10.jpg
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Don't worry, my rat Penelope is a real fatty even though I only feed her healthy rat food, veggies, and kisses :)
    photo_10.jpg

omg lol i feed my rat sri lanka kisses too! actually he gets his food taking it out of my mouth then he gets a kiss after. and his *kitten* is HUGE lol
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    omg lol i feed my rat sri lanka kisses too! actually he gets his food taking it out of my mouth then he gets a kiss after. and his *kitten* is HUGE lol

Haha, my rats get their food that way too, but now anytime I open my mouth even slightly, they think there's something in there for them and peek in. Then I have a mouthful of furry rat. Hahaha :)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Tell her to go on a bulk and lift heavy....
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Her measurements are 29/20/23. That's really small waist to hip ratio, which I believe puts her at risk for heart disease as well....
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Probably anorexic or bulimic. Might want to take her to doggie therapy.
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member

Haha, my rats get their food that way too, but now anytime I open my mouth even slightly, they think there's something in there for them and peek in. Then I have a mouthful of furry rat. Hahaha :)

Y'all...that's just gross...
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member

6197177_700b.jpg

OMG. I am not kidding you, that dog looks exactly like Jack! They probably lift together at the same gym. :laugh:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Both my cats are skinny fat, but they refuse to workout.