Juicing

Options
I want to try adding juicing to my day. I don't plan to stop eating, but would like to maybe have two 8 oz glasses of fresh juice a day to try to get my vegetable and fruit nutrients since I don't much like vegetables.

Today I had an 8 oz glass made with 3 carrots, 1 apple, kale, broccoli and cauliflower. It was pretty good so I think I could maybe stick with this if I notice it helps me in the energy level category.

My question is, how on earth do you track something like that in here? I didn't eat the pulp, but drank the juice. I still journal the everything I put in the juicer as if I had eaten it raw or how would I go about keeping track of it?

Any suggestions or ideas on this?

Thank you!

Replies

• dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Instead of juicing I am putting it all in a blender so I get the full benefits plus I can make several servings at once. I have started creating recipes so that then all I have to do is add it to my food diary by clicking on the recipe instead of every individual ingredient. You might want to try entering it that way.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Instead of juicing I am putting it all in a blender so I get the full benefits plus I can make several servings at once. I have started creating recipes so that then all I have to do is add it to my food diary by clicking on the recipe instead of every individual ingredient. You might want to try entering it that way.

You're able to get juice from veggies in your blender? I have an old blender and I think it would croak if I put carrots in it. :) I love the idea of creating recipes. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it and should just journal the entire item(s) as if I ate them, since I'm getting nutrients and most veggies don't have big calorie counts anyway. I don't want to sabotage myself.

I see you lost 66 lbs. That is so amazing! Congratulations! What an inspiration you are...

Thanks for replying.

Tracie
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I juice also and was wondering the exact same thing.

Here are a couple of links I found:

http://cancer.stanford.edu/patient_care/services/nutrition/recipes/juicingRecipes.html

http://calorielab.com/foods/fruit-juice/33 (the ones labeled "raw" would be the ones you're looking for)

There really doesn't seem to be all that much of a caloric difference between the raw fruits and veggies versus their raw juice.
  • azalea617
    azalea617 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So you probably couldn't taste it individually, but how was the cauliflower aspect of the juice? I never thought of using that...figured it would juice weird.

When I track juice, some of the things actually come up "raw carrot juice" etc. Just know how many oz of each you drank. Slightly more accurate I imagine.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I want to try adding juicing to my day...

Steroids are bad.

oh and btw, just eat the fruit and veg. It's sooooo much better for you that way!