Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is 20 pounds by early May doable?

Hey everyone. I've hit a plateau recently, and only lost 10 of the 30 pounds I'm hoping to lose. It's taken since October for the 10 lbs. I have a friend's wedding the first weekend in May and I'm really hoping to have lost the rest by then. Is it possible? what kind of tips/suggestions would you all have?

I've started running a lot because I'm training for a half marathon. I've been finding myself doing lots of late night snacking :( (I work during the day and have class at night)

Please help :) You guys are awesomeee

Replies

• jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    If you want to avoid late-night snacking altogether, I suggest putting a picture that will motivate you on the door of wherever you keep your snacks. Or only keep healthy food in the house, if that's an option. (I know it isn't always - my husband would be very angry if I stopped having Oreos or chips around the house for his munchies. ;) Or a mirror! If you have to look at yourself every time you go for a snack, I find I'm much less likely to eat the bad stuff. :P

Another suggestion is to plan for the snack, and stick to the plan. Personally I leave enough calories each day to have a cookie or two after dinner, because it keeps me from grabbing ALL the cookies, haha.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    I am too looking forward to lose 20lbs by mid week of May. Any inputs!! :)
  • aodc909297
    aodc909297 Posts: 86 Member
    I bet you can lose 20 pounds before May. Last year I dropped 29 pounds between Jan and the end of May and I'm a 48 year old menopausal woman!! Just takes dedication to eating right and exercising daily. As for snacking, I had the same issue but my snacking was always mid-day. I had an issue with "healthy" snacks (I REALLY like sweets). I found substitutes that were lower in calories (Fiber One has some pretty good chocolate goodies) and I made myself develop a taste for raw vegetables. I would use low fat salad dressing to dip the veggies in. I try to keep one of those pre-made veggie trays (usually served at parties) in my fridge... when I get a snack attack, I pull it out. It offers variety and it's a healthy snack! Good luck. I feel confident you'll be able to lose the weight you want to by May but you will have to put forth an effort to do the right thing to get there!
  • Yes...you can do this! Remember to exercise every day. Try to focus on loosing a couple pounds a week which is steady progress and the 20 will be gone in no time!
  • Very doable. You just have to keep your head in the game, and stayed focused on what you want in the long term rather than what you want in the "right now." Don't expect your habits to change all at once, because you're setting yourself up for a fall. Focus on one or two things at a time, and eventually it will just become part of your routine throughout each day. Good luck! :)