Hi everyone!

Robert0622
Robert0622 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I joined MFP a week ago March 9th, I have battled weight issues most of my life. Over the past 6 years I have weighed north of 400 pounds and have slowely gotten to a point it is hard for me to do anything. About a month ago I decided I was go to try something new, I made an appiontment with a dietitian. On March 9th I had my first appointment with the dietitian and when i weighed in I was shocked at the 474.6 lbs on the scale. I knew I weighed over 400 but closer to 500 I was very disappointed in myself. I had already made the desided to make changes in my life before my appointment but now I knew I had to make this work. I have a lot of things I want to lose weight for, mostly for me but there are others. I have a 7 year old nephew and 2 year old neice, they are my world. Anyway, i am not going to ramble on about why.
So, I went back to the dietitian yesterday March 16th and have lost my first 9 lbs. I am excited to see that things appear to be working this time. I am not starving myself and it has not been as hard as I thought. Again hello, and I wish everone the best.

Replies

• well congrats on making the decision! that is truly the hardest part! good luck on your journey!
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hello, and welcome!
  • viliberty
    viliberty Posts: 74
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work. God Bless. Irene
  • RMariaT
    RMariaT Posts: 35 Member
    This is so wonderful! keep up the good work.

You are right, you do not have to starve yourselft and remember that the end result is worth it!
    Hope you have a wonderful journey with the new you!
  • Robert0622
    Robert0622 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks everyone! I think one of the best things I have done so far on this new plan is join this site, so much info and support.
This discussion has been closed.