Creatine

Options
2»

Replies

• Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Whats the difference from cutting, lifting weights to be healthy and bulking?
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've heard its bad for you and coaches in sports won't allow it, is this true? How does it differ from protein shakes, like muscle milk? I Hike, run and do Pilates. I'm going for a fit, curvy, dancers body. Also is it addictive and does it cause any problems when you stop taking it?

It is not bad for you, that is a old wives tale. It is 100% not addictive as its not a drug and causes no problems when you stop.
  • chimp517
    Options
    I was told the Mono hydrate is the best to take?

I think so, find one that is german creapure as the ingredient
  • chimp517
    Options
    Whats the difference from cutting, lifting weights to be healthy and bulking?

Bulking is when you eat at a surplus (take a peek at my diary if you'd like as that is my current goal) whilst cutting is when you eat at a deficit in an effort to lose fat.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I was told the Mono hydrate is the best to take?
    It's the cheapest so it's the most effective per $. Creatine is creatine unless you happen to be a non-responder of some sorts then I guess you'd have to try a different kind, monohydrate is most likely going to work for you though.

Protein =/= Creatine
    To put it simply creatine increases intracellular water retention (means it increases how much water is stored in your muscles, kind of like how salt increases the water stored inside/outside of your muscles), this means more ATP (primary source of energy for 'explosive' movements) for more energy for more reps using heavier weight. Heavier weight = more stimulus = more gains.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    It is relatively cheap and effective for lifting moderate to heavy weights. Creatine is in most meat sources naturally just not in large quantities and there are really no instant effects from taking it. It has to build up in your muscles for a couple weeks before you start noticing strength gains. Take the 3.5-5 grams of creatine monohydrate daily will work for almost everyone. Taking more will just be wasting it.

Most everyone I know that takes it has had zero side effect. I have not noticed any bloating or cramping while cutting or bulking. Just take the pure monohydrate and stay away from the companies that add a bunch of stuff to it.

There are some people that seem to be sensitive to it and there are also some people that dont see any results from it but for the majority it simply adds a little bit more strength to help with working out.
  • Songmartine
    Songmartine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use Purple K creatine capsules. It gives me great endurance for all cardio activity, yoga and weight training. No loading required and I only take it on training days. It works VERY well ...no bloat either.
  • Caesar_3rd
    Options
    So, do U take it daily? Even on days U don't workout
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    So, do U take it daily? Even on days U don't workout

Yep.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use Purple K creatine capsules. It gives me great endurance for all cardio activity, yoga and weight training. No loading required and I only take it on training days. It works VERY well ...no bloat either.

The last time I hit the gym properly Purple K was my one of the best I used the other was MMUSA ATP Creatine Serum.

Purple K was easy to take and gave me a good increase in the gym. As far as I understand it this is just a brand name for a product that is Kre alkalyn, you can get this alot cheaper than buying Purple K.. Supposedly no water retention using Kre, but I dunno how accurate that is.

The serum was a bit odd, take the dropper and put some drops under your tounge, gave a bit of a buzz you could really feel it come on quick, but boy was it expensive. Tasted lovely tho, nice stawberry flavour (other flavours available)

I never liked standard mono powder, it's difficult to mix and tastes foul, but it is very cheap.

I've currently got mono in tablet format (1500mg), but I'm not using it as my current plan is to lose 30lb and then start back on the weights. These tabs in a large dose do give me massive cramps and it's the first time I've not enjoyed the benefit of using creatine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!