Newbie in TEXAS

Options
Hello ... my name is Dena. I was banded on Dec.27th. 2012. My starting weight was 224 and now I weigh in at 209. Being only 5 ft I was a little chunky but it was all belly. My pants are sliding down and I am feeling very well. Meds were reduced from 13 pills (4 of these were BP meds) and sliding scale on insulin injections per day to ................ 1 BP pill and still sliding scale of insulin. BIG change. I have looked over this forum and it appears to be very informative and positive. Am excited to share the journey to a healthier me and you.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• storywebber
    storywebber Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Afternoon. Congratulations on the weight loss by being banded. Too many folks think that losing the weight after being banded is easy but my husband has a office friend who had it done in the spring. So I know thru him how hard it is. I weigh 224. I am not banded. I am a diabetic who does not test. I take 4 pills for high blood pressure (which is still not under control (190/100 the other day)), 1 for depression twice a day and a few others. So you have walked in the steps that I now walk.

I just wanted to tell you that you are doing a wonderful job. Betty
  • denaliv53
    Options
    Thank you Betty ! please accept my invitation so that we can follow each other.
  • brandiepair
    Options
    Hey, I'm a semi newbie in Texas as well!! I live in the Houston area. Glad to have a fellow texan on here!!