Whats for supper at your place ?

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Petite Grilled BBQ Steak and Le Cordon Bleu recipe for Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes and a Mango Peach Mio water 24 oz, I gotta work out a little extra today though cuz my daughter had a basketball tournament earlier in the day and I had some concession food and so later on doing the Billy Blanks Bootcamp-Ab Bootcamp
  • I made Chicken Breasts sauteed in some smart balance spread with red, green and yellow peppers in a chicken stock. Also a pot of chili using really lean ground beef and some awesome moroccan seasoning got for Christmas, it has onion, paprika, cumin, garlic, cilantro, parsley , red pepper and tarragon.,..I also added some chili piquin to heat it up and a dash of cinnamon, a large can crushed tomatos and a can black beans....I calculated 1/2 cup to about 200 calories--I enjoy making up recipes --hubby loved it...dont think I could make it exactly same again though...
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 562 Member
    I'm lower carb and avoiding gluten, so we're having oven-fried chicken (coated with coconut flour/spices) baked in butter/coconut oil. I tried the butter/coconut oil last time, and it was delish!, so now checking out the flavor with coconut flour. Small serving of Costco's sprouted rice/quinoa, and a spinach/veggie salad with hard-boiled egg, cheese, and salami toppings.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Chicken Chili with Rice.
  • Tonight we are having sirloin steak with white asparagus and baked potatoes.
  • livityliv
    livityliv Posts: 110 Member
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    I'm having sliced pear with roast beef and a cottage cheese/horseradish mixture. I normally use sour cream instead of cottage cheese, but I'm out. I like the salty sweet mix of the pear with the lean roast beef and sauce. I'll probably also have some of the leftover Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake I made last night. It was amazing. Here's the recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/baked-spaghetti-squash-and-cheese.html

Skinnytaste has a lot of great nutritious/ low-cal recipes.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    I was so pleased to avoid cooking tonight, because I spent about 6 hrs yesterday on this wonderful butternut squash and pork ragu lasagna! Really good--there are no noodles, they are replaced with roasted slices of butternut squash. The pork ragu made it fantastic. Like I said, REALLY GOOD, but it took so long to pull together. It definitely won't be a regular recipe for me. Here's the recipe, in case anyone is crazy enough to spend all day on it:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/butternut-squash-and-pork-lasagna-recipe/index.html

I think you'd probably do best to cook it over a couple days. Do the ragu one day, then do the squash roasting and assemble the whole thing on the next day.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Chicken wings! The kids are having pretty boring wings with just salt and pepper, and they'll have some raw veggies and fruit on the side.

My husband and I are having hot wings and lots of raw veggies on the side. No dip for the veggies (or the wings) and the wings are baked, not fried. Delicious.
  • Homemade pasta rotel 1 cup for me!
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    NY Strip steak
    steamed caulifower w Old Bay seasoning
    mashed sweet potatos with ginge, chicken broth and curry

Yum!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I had a baked wild salmon fillet, brown basmati rice, pinto beans, cabbage and mangetout.
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    An 8oz piece of grilled salmon (with coconut oil, salt, pepper, cardamom), broccoli with cheese sauce and tiny cabbages from hell roasted with diced bacon and olive oil.
  • Homemade pizza on the grill here! I make the crust thin and use a smaller amount of cheese on my portion with larger amounts of basil and fresh tomato.
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Chicken Taco Chili! Only 204 calories for 1 1/4 cup serving!
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Homemade black beans over wheat Pasta (Must go night) with crumbed Morningstar sausage and a sprinkle of grated cheddar. Yum!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Jalapeño sausage with zucchini and yellow squash.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 122 Member
    We are having grilled pork chops, a baked sweet potato and, spicy tomatoes, okra, and corn. It's cooking right now and I am starving!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Quinoa with caramelized onions, zucchini, peas and parmigiana cheese. It is super simple and nummy.

Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups veggie broth in one saucepan . In a skillet -caramelize 2 med sweet onions in 1 tbsp pf evoo, add 2 med zucchini that are diced and cook till the zucchinni are almost done then add in 2 cups of defrosted peas. Mix the cooked quinoa into the veggies. Serve with some grated cheese and a couple grinds of black pepper.

that sounds fabulous. I <3 quinoa
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Tonight was pulled pork on 15 grain toast and two tbsp of sweet baby ray BBQ sauce. Also a thick slice of fresh pineapple, steamed spinach w/ red wine vinegar and for desert, amaretto peppered strawberries topped with a little rediwhip. 600 cal total and yum!

Portions: 80g pork, 120g spinach, 180g pineapple, 120g fresh strawberries drizzled w/ the sauce.

My hubby doesn't need to lose weight so he had his strawberries over ice cream.