FIRST FILM YOU REMEMBER?

Options

Replies

• 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    Mine was 'Born Free' on TV....only because I said look at that F-ing lion and had to brush my teeth with soap....LOL...thanks Mom :grumble:
    awesome! i remember when my daughter was sat on the sofa looking out the window - 3 years old and said "look at those f**king stars" - jawdrop moment!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Star Wars is the first one I really remember. My uncle took me and my cousins to see it. I was amazed.

The first movie that I remember bits and pieces of was Jaws. Another uncle thought it would be a good idea to take a 2 year old. It was not.....Scarred. For. LIFE!!!
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Beauty and the Beast :smile:
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    Star Wars is the first one I really remember. My uncle took me and my cousins to see it. I was amazed.

The first movie that I remember bits and pieces of was Jaws. Another uncle thought it would be a good idea to take a 2 year old. It was not.....Scarred. For. LIFE!!!

my youngest saw it when she was 4 and loved it - she was fascinated with sharks - it wasnt known as jaws to her but "George"! she still loves it now!
  • louisel809
    Options
    Land before time.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i don't know if its the very first film i can ever remember, but this is the first one i remember well. my sister and i were dropped off and spent an afternoon in the movies watching this film 2 or 3 times back in the days when kids could stay in the theater all day (i guess my mom couldn't find a babysitter, huh?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lt._Robin_Crusoe,_U.S.N.

this must have happened during its re-release in 1974.

lt-robin-crusoe-u-s-n.jpg
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Superman, at the theater. My cousin took me, she was a huge Reeve fan.

I was so young, I thought it was going to be a cartoon,
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Lion King!
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    Matilda!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    wizard of oz at a drive in.. i was 5 i think, maybe younger. i was freaked out by the monkeys, cried and cried and cried lol.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    wizard of oz at a drive in.. i was 5 i think, maybe younger. i was freaked out by the monkeys, cried and cried and cried lol.

Also Wizard of Oz. We were at my aunt's house. I was 3. It also scared the crap out of me...and I still don't like watching it.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    An American Tail.

Poor Fievel Mousekewitz. I think I was about 3. I would sing "Somewhere Out There" nonstop.
  • HoneyWh1te
    HoneyWh1te Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My dad took me to see The Dark Crystal....still one of my favourites!! I even made my kids watch it with me :)
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. Probably Ferngully?
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    ET at the drive- in. I was 4 and it scared the crap out of me.

ET at the movie theater, it also scared the crap out of me, I was 3
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    ET at the drive- in. I was 4 and it scared the crap out of me.

ET at the movie theater, it also scared the crap out of me, I was 3

lol... same first film I remember was ET, but it didn't scare me though...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have a clear memory of asking what is an empire and how does it strike back, is that like a strike in baseball...I am surprised neither of my brothers demonstrated striking.

I am pretty sure I must have gone to the movies before that, but then, I was afraid of Scooby Do, so maybe they didn't take me.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The first movie i ever saw in theater was liar liar.. I went with my cousin and her husband,i was maybe six. But other than that all i ever watched when i was young was in the heart of the night and wwe, yeah, i hung out with my pawpaw a lot.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Muppet family Christmas. First movie in a theater- Muppet Christmas Carol.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Little Mermaid!