Pat *yourself* on the back!

Options
You know what? Today I decided to celebrate my small accomplishments and stop focusing on that (scary) BIG GOAL!

Today I'm patting myself on my back because:
1. Although I'm not at MY ideal goal, today I realized I'm the fittest I've ever been in my life! And I'm proud of that.
2. I can do a perfect lunge (or many!)
3. I'm at my lowest size in jeans. I don't recall ever being this size. I went from a child size, to a teen wearing size 15 jeans. My biggest jean size was 18, today I'm a 10!
4. I rewarded myself by buying clothes that actually fit me and make me feel great. I'm also down a size shirt.
5. Gosh darn-it, I'm the healthiest I've ever been and that's why I'm patting myself on the back today! Because THAT'S what matters!

Share your accomplishments, we all have them!

Replies

• jillthrasher
    jillthrasher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like this idea! Patting myself on back because
    1. I ran 2 and a half miles nonstop today, which is the farthest distance I've gone without a break (so far, aiming to keep reaching!)
    2. I can fit into jeans I haven't worn since my early 20s.
    3. I feel healthier because I am way more aware of the food I'm eating and what kind of choices I'm making. It feels really good :)
    4. 6 months ago, I wouldn't have believed any of the above statements.
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    3. I feel healthier because I am way more aware of the food I'm eating and what kind of choices I'm making. It feels really good :)
    4. 6 months ago, I wouldn't have believed any of the above statements.

Very , very true! I must agree :) and I'm proud of ya!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    There is a bag of Hershey's hugs in my kitchen and I haven't touched a single one. Even when my two year old had 3 I didn't even try one (I cannot stop at one). Those helped my gain 15 pounds through the month of December, well that and copious amounts of wine. :)

Congrats to you! Sounds like you're making progress!
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Wow! Good job ladies!

1. I did a real and proper Push up!! All the way down and all the way up. Would have been joking to even try a "girl" push up a month or two ago!

2. I beat my goal of walking everyday, without fail!! I even went walking in the snow! and I'm still going, about to add intervals!

3. I'm thoughtlessly eating veggies and fruits! I'm tracking all my foods, even the oils and dressings!

4. I can run up my stairs without my legs buckling! Feels so good to be able to do that!

Small, but from bedridden to normal is quite a step!
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like this

I pat myself on the back for:

1. Losing 18 pounds to reach 179

2. staying strong in my eating plan and not cheating
    3. having really great mfp friends who support me
  • ldy_mesha
    Options
    My pat on the back is for:

1. being able to walk at least a mile in under 30 min :happy:
    2. being able to walk for almost an hour without stopping
    3. committing to go to the gym to walk at least 3 days a week ... if I miss one day I try to make it up another
    4. cutting back on sweets and knowing that just because I over did the sweets one day does not mean failure :smile: