Can't do it

Options
My calorie intake is set at 1540 per day. But for the life of me. I CANT DO IT!!! I can't eat that many calories a day. I feel so guilty if I do. Should I go ahead and decrease my daily intake. I can barely make it over 1200 a day. It's not that I try, but I run out of food, or there isn't enough. But, I just can't eat that much a day. :ohwell:

Replies

• kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    My calorie intake is set at 1540 per day. But for the life of me. I CANT DO IT!!! I can't eat that many calories a day. I feel so guilty if I do. Should I go ahead and decrease my daily intake. I can barely make it over 1200 a day. It's not that I try, but I run out of food, or there isn't enough. But, I just can't eat that much a day. :ohwell:
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    If the site is telling you to eat the calories, eat the calories. Seriously. Start doing things like drizzling your salads with full fat dressing. It took me some getting used to too, but it does help.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    eat some nuts.... for the past 2 days I have been snacking on pecans... You will be surprised.... .5 of a cup is almost 500 :noway: calories.....
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 1690 w/o exercise and it was so hard at first.
    My body got use to the idea of eating more and so will you.
    Give it time.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • kmjgrant
    kmjgrant Posts: 80
    Options
    :ohwell: But isn't that why I am here... because I was eating too much, and gained the weight.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: But isn't that why I am here... because I was eating too much, and gained the weight.
    You're now eating to live.. not living to eat.
    This site isn't telling you to eat without thinking about what you're putting in your mouth.
    You need the food for energy and energy so you can exercise...

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly how much you were eating before I know it is extremely easy to eat 1000 calories over when your alotted amount when you aren't tracking it. Plus if you eat too little it will slow down your metabolism and it will be hard to ever eat normal amounts. Trust the site for a few weeks and see where it takes you. If it doesn't work than you may need to fine tune it a bit but for the most part you see success stories with following this site.