Introducing Me!

Hello, my name is Kathryn. I'm 18 years old :)
I was diagnosed with SLE (lupus) when I was 12 years old. Since then, I've been on a corticosteroid called prednisone. One of the main symptoms is severe weight gain. And as I've been on this medicine since my diagnosis, I've had plenty of time to gain weight! Add on top of this, I needed a hip replacement at 16 from bone degeneration, and exercising proved difficult. I've recovered from my hip replacement, and can exercise to an extent. I'm ready to lose this extra weight, and keep it off!!

To make things a little more difficult I'm also gluten-free, as I have celiac disease. Not so difficult eating gluten-free, its that the prepackaged foods have so many calories but are so good! :P I'm working on cutting these gluten-free packaged foods, and sticking to the normal things to help.

Anyway, my starting weight was 159 pounds. I lost 4 pounds in just under 2 weeks, which I am really happy about. My goal is 100 pounds - to 115 pounds. I want to gauge my goal on what I feel comfortable being. I'm extremely short, so although that sounds very small, its not. I'm only 155 cm!

I wish everyone luck with their weight loss goals! If anyone has any tips I'm glad to hear them! :D