sodium overload: how long do you take to lose water?

Options
So mon-fri I am very healthy and very strict with my diet, and my sodium consumption is healthy. During the weekend I take a break from my diet, although still counting my calories, I go way overboard in sodium. I end up losing 4200 calories a week. Monday morning comes, I am big and bloated..I way myself every morning to watch the scale go crazy. every morning tues,wed, thurs, and friday,and sat morning I lose 1.4-1.6 pounds! obviously it is all water weight...but everywhere I read they say you lose water weight in about 2 days...obvously not in my case..I don't get to weigh myself sun morning because i pig out on sodium saturday. Anyone else like this?!

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It can go pretty fast if you do it properly. Try this out. Take a picture of yourself from the front and side. Notice the water weight. Take a day off from processed food. Nothing that comes in a box basically. Just fruit, vegetables, and roasted lean meat of some kind. Maybe a little dairy. Drink plenty of water. The next day, take your picture again. Compare. You will be surprised at the difference.