Frustrated!!!

Options
I started my diet with a bang and now the weight loss has seemed to fizzled out. I usually eat under my calorie allowance (1860), and I work out 6 days a week. For the past week I have not lost even one pound! Has this happened to anyone else? Oh and I have been doing this lifestyle change since Jan 4th.

Replies

• 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's because you need to eat your cals back. MFP already has you on a calorie deficit.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    Give it time, trust the process. You only just started. Be patient, eat, and watch the weight come off.
  • A_nori
    A_nori Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It has only been a week. There are going to be weeks where you see huge losses and weeks where you don't lose an ounce even though you did the exact same thing. Weight loss is not linear, so give it time.
  • nataliedrake3
    nataliedrake3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think I feel guilty when I eat the calories that I work off. I know I shouldn't but it seams like so much food, and I am not always hungry. I know it took a very long time to put on the weight and it will not just fall off, was just wondering if maybe i was doing something wrong. Thanks for the input :)
  • Brucejusti
    Brucejusti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey join the club,me too. I lost 6 lbs. the first week. 7 lbs. the second week then 2 lbs. and then1 lb. and I worked and did not cheat one bite. Have you watched your sodium?

By the way, you will be fine. This happens. I have lost almost 60 lbs. You will feel great in no time. No more huffing and puffing just to walk out to the car. Way to go.

Bruce
  • jscupp1016
    jscupp1016 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sodium really does make a big difference, maybe that is it! Drink as much water as you can and just look at those labels.. maybe if you can try to eat as little sodium as you can and see if it makes a difference.
  • nataliedrake3
    Options
    I have not watched my sodium, i will check into my consumption. Does anyone know what your sodium intake should be.
  • nataliedrake3
    Options
    Oh and one more thing, the food the tracker always says i'm over on my protein. I eat only what I should, but meat and fish are a part of my diet. How do I avoid going over while only eating it once or twice a day?
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It's because you need to eat your cals back. MFP already has you on a calorie deficit.
    Sigh. You are not, not losing weight one week because you didn't eat your exercise calories back. I know MANY people who lose 10 to 15 pounds a month, who religiously eat 1200 to 1500 cals a day, and they workout. Many who have already reached their goal with no real plateaus. Heck. Go check the success forums. I don't know why we dont lose consistently all the time. There's many factors. I lost consistently since Jan first. I've lost ten pounds so far., had some higb sodium days, slacker on work ours, no loss for a week. But, I'm going to keep working out and eating under 1500, and it'll come off. Be consistent and patient. PS I aim for 1300 a day. If I have a good workout or am just a bit hungry, I eat an extra one to two hundred, I've had a couple crappy days.....but I'm going to press on! You can do it!!!!Keep going!!!!
  • jls1520
    jls1520 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! How often do you weigh yourself? Is it always at the same time of day? Same day of week?

Don't weigh in more often than weekly. And, use it as a guidepost rather than a report card. Some numbers on a dumb machine can't tell you whether you're doing the right things or working hard enough.

Consider using a tape measure and body fat caliper for much better evaluation of your progress vs. a scale.
  • snowflakeheather
    snowflakeheather Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been reading a lot in these forums, and apparently MFP has a lower protein ratio that what many people prefer. You can adjust your settings to change the proportions if you want.
  • paininneck
    paininneck Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Relax you just hit a plateau. Make sure to measure yourself because if its not coming off on the scale its probably coming off in inches. I had that happen before in my journey (Weight Watchers before my son was born) and it doesn't last and you'll be back to dropping the pounds.