nighttime

I am new to this, 11 days in (haven't weighed myself since I started) and wanting to know about night time eating. I am still full from dinner, don't even want a bite and have 5 hundred something calories to eat.. I eat when I am hungry and this has been happening since I started. Am I going to loose if I keep being under my calories?? I am used to eating one meal a day and maybe a snack and 6 or so cups of coffee for the past 5 years.. soo bad I know!! Friend me, look at my diary tell me what I am doing wrong? I also will be up late at night doing school work and then get hungry and snack on maybe 2 cups of popcorn or fruit..?

Replies

• GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    just make sure you're above your BMR. Try breaking it up into 5 or 6 small meals so you don't feel so stuffed.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    I have never seen a reputable, peer-reviewed study linking late-night eating with weight gain while the person stayed within their TDEE. If you're still hungry and have the calories to spare, it shouldn't hurt your progress at all.

I personally avoid eating later at night because my willpower wanes with the sunlight, so that - for example - one doughnut would wind up as a half-dozen of them if I ate while surfing the 'net after dark.