Bulking up my smoothies!

I have a smoothie every morning after I get a good walk in to help me get some fruit and vegetables. Usually I have ice, frozen pineapple chunks, banana, berries, milk or yogurt, lots of spinach, and some all day energy greens powder stuff my grandma bought but never used, so I have the task of using it up. I was just wondering what kind of whey protein powder someone might recommend. I am not very knowledgeable about protein powders, but anything that can help keep me fuller longer after a workout is great! Are there any other tricks or tips y'all have? I am trying to keep the calories quite low as well, because it makes it easier for me to be flexible throughout the day. I usually have some kind of Fiber One bar before my workout anyway.

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    A basic whey isolate, doesn't need to be anything fancy. There are numerous threads on whey including recommendations if you run a search.
  • I have a question for you. I have been considering trying smoothies are they worth it and are they filling? And, if so, do you make your own or buy them?
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Awesome, thanks! :) I will look into that.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    I make my own! :) I dusted it off and have been getting good use out of our blender. I find that they are definitely worth it, the smoothies I make I have after a good walk, and they usually have less than 200 calories and I put tons of fruit and spinach in. You don't taste all the veggies, I always add some Splenda and vanilla extract. I have been having a smoothie every morning for over a week and it has boosted up my daily intake of fruits and vegetables, my skin is clearer, my digestion is more regular, and I overall just feel better.