Advice, Info... Anything??

shagybear33
shagybear33 Posts: 272
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was hoping to get some feedback, advice etc. Any info/help is much appreciated!!

After almost 2 years, I've finally come within 1 pound of my goal weight. I have been trying to lose this last pound for quite some time. I usually work out 5 or more times a week which includes weights and cardio and depending on the weather, some outdoor sports etc. I drink my water (sometimes up to 18 glasses/day)

According to the charts/bmi etc I am at a healthy range now, however I think I could probably lose a few more pounds because I have some belly fat (mixed in with some loose skin of course!! :D).

I guess what I'm wondering is, should I just keep working out, maintain my weight and wait for my body to change, or should I really push myself and try to get down a few more pounds. Should I toss my scale out the window and rely on measurements??

I haven't posted in my diary for about a week because I've been really sick with a bad cold and haven't done much of anything, but now that it's starting to go away I am getting back on track but feel free to take a look and offer any suggestions.

I know this is probably a silly thread, but any advice and feedback would be awesome!!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    If I were you, I would wait it out and see what your body does. I know I have been there before. I think if you push yourself too much, and you do lose it, how easy will that be to maintain your weight when you get there? Will you just be disappointed if you gain it back? I am a fan of letting your body do the talking. I would continue what you are doing.. maybe change up your workout routines to vary your exercise, and if you lose the weight, you lose it. I'm not a fan of goal "weight" because who knows honestly what you are supposed to weigh? If you are happy with your body, stick with where you are at. If you feel that you can take your goal even further, go for it. But I wouldn't push yourself with diet and extreme exercise. Would hate for it to lead to injury or something, or even frustrate you to the point that you get discouraged by that "number" on the scale. Good luck and I hope this helps!
  • rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm so proud of you. <3

If you've been sick, maybe your body won't let go of that last pound?? I don't see how it can't come off otherwise. Only other suggestion I have is to cut out a few more calories.. Or go on a cleanse..

It'll come off. You've done so well, you truly inspire me.
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    I'm so proud of you. <3

If you've been sick, maybe your body won't let go of that last pound?? I don't see how it can't come off otherwise. Only other suggestion I have is to cut out a few more calories.. Or go on a cleanse..

It'll come off. You've done so well, you truly inspire me.

Aww thanks.. How are you? Been a long time!! How are you liking FSJ?? Hope to catch up with you soon!!!!
This discussion has been closed.