newbie - need help!

New here - 52 year old single mom with a full time, professional, sedentary job. One teenager left at home who has no interest in having Mom around, so it feels like time to reinvent myself. I'm just learning to play tennis, so I've added some activity. Don't like to cook, addicted to soft drinks, and don't know where to start. Suggestions? I would do well with some sort of "grazing" plan, I think, but don't know how to figure out the healthy choices.

Replies

• hg0424
    hg0424 Posts: 18
    welcome :) You should be proud of yourself for making the first step in learning to play tennis, also if you are addicted to soft drinks you can start with diet drinks, i love coke zero and I cant taste the difference. I also suggest to add a lot of people here on MFP, I posted an introduction here just two days ago and the support, positivity and encouragement is unbelievable. I feel so motivated just by looking at MFP. :) you can add me if you like
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    this link explains how MFP and TDEE work, you may want to look at it to get the ground basics down :) Welcome! Good luck!