How do I track 30 day shred on MFP?

Options
If I do 20 mins of the 30 day shred workout each night, how do I track it? It has both cardiovasular and strength training in it.

Replies

• cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    most people i know, including myself, log it as circuit training general.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would get a heart rate monitor. MFP greatly exaggerates and sometimes underestimates burns, you may be burning more or less than the number that pops up on mfp.

But i think you can log it under circuit training.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I use circuit training for 25 minutes. I know she keeps saying it's 20 minutes but I've timed it many times on my clock and my VCR timer always says the whole thing with cool-down is 27 and something seconds. I think for me it burns around 210 calories. I've had people with similar weights used heart rate monitors and come out about there.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I found a thread on MFP that said that you burn 1.11 calories per pound you weigh doing any 30 Day Shred workouts. So I created an exercise called "Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (1.11 cals per lb)", and I figured out how many cals I burn based on my weight and entered that into the calories field (of course I'll have to change it as I lose weight). Now I enter that for every 30DS workout I do. I thought I made it viewable by other MFP users, so you should be able to search and use it too (just do your own math based on your weight). However, if you can't find it for some reason, just create your own exercise!
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Ditto what these ladies said when i did it before i had my hrm mfp said i burned 330 but with my monitor i burn between 180-199 most days .
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I've always logged it as circuit training
  • mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I log it as "circuit training-general"...and I used my HRM from the start of the warm-up to the end of the cool down and it came to 27:49 for time. MFP does exaggerate calories burned for this, so I am glad I invested in a HRM for more accuracy :)